What would get you more excited about a fest...

For me, I need to have a compelling reason to go. Since I live in NYC, and many bands stop here, I have the luxury of picking and choosing which shows to go to, and it is a FREE subway ride away. If there are bands that I know for a fact won't be coming to NYC, but going to a festival stop, I will go to it if I can get the days off. Last year's PPUSA was the compelling reason. Problem was I could not get the days off as it was Columbus Day weekend.

My 2 PHP's worth

I'll have to take the fence riding answer here. It just depends upon the situation for me. Special sets are cool at times and big draw bands are very cool as well. I agree with Azrael though about full album performances. I'm a total sucker for those types of shows! :kickass:

~Brian~

Nah, I don't do promotion or anything. I write for Metal Reviews and have aspiring hopes to be an A&R rep if that counts for anything. I was just wondering about how it seems like its getting harder and harder to get big name things for not just Prog Power, but fests here in general now. Power Metal bands are now touring here in the US regularly. So it would be hard to get a big name over like like with Gamma Ray in 02 or Nightwish in 03 for a special one night only in the ATL like it used to be. But to have little things like Frederick from Firewind come out and do a couple of songs for Prog Power or like mentioned earlier about the EVergrey thing, that's cool.

But to take it to a bigger scale, would people fly out to see something like, an Andre Matos solo band doing an hour of classic Angra then an hour of current stuff. Or getting Rhapsody to do both Enchanted lands albums back to back. I'm trying to think of a band that has a big enough draw that if they were to do a "one night only exclusive set" type of deal that it would get people out to the show.

But to take it to a bigger scale, would people fly out to see something like, an Andre Matos solo band doing an hour of classic Angra then an hour of current stuff. Or getting Rhapsody to do both Enchanted lands albums back to back. I'm trying to think of a band that has a big enough draw that if they were to do a "one night only exclusive set" type of deal that it would get people out to the show.

Ayreon FTW. :lol:

I only have one thing to say. Ayreon performing "The Human Equation" in its entirety. If I died that night, I would die a happy women, and I am not shitting you on that.