Which Set are you Most Intrigued About this Year?

Aug 6, 2003
Sandy Eggo
Visit site
So which band or set are you most curious about this year? I mean the band that you know less about or have heard less off, but are excited to see what they can do live?

For example while I am most excited to see the big albums this year (Remedy Lane, Mercy Falls, etc), I am really curious about Divided Multitude. I really like Feed on Your Misery and I think it could translate very well live. Also I am intrigued by Orden Ogan. While I like some of their music, it seems like their anthemic style might be more fun to see live.

I'm with you on Divided Multitiude. I think their sound is very unique, and while I've listened to some of it, not as much as I should have.

Orden Ogan. I love their new album and have seen some of their live music on Youtube. Their music is first rate and they put on a good show. I'm really looking forward to seeing them.

Pain of Salvation. Because Remedy Lane, and because I've not had the chance to see them yet. So this will be something else.

I am interested in seeing how Withem does. I am not much of a "progger" but I kind of dig their style.

I am also looking forward to Voodoo Circle. On disc they are ok, but Readman was a REALLY good live vocalist when he played with PC69. I expect more of the same.

Bryant

If we're only looking at the bands performing at the main fest, here's how it breaks down for me:

Divided Multitude--I'll give them the 2-3 song test before I decide if I want to go back to the vendor area. The vocalist just doesn't sit right with me when I listen to their recorded material.

Leprous--I tried in the past. This will be dinner time for me.

Masterplan--This is essential. Even without Jorn, I think this will be a great set.

Need--See Divided Multitude.

Jon Oliva's Pain--This is probably the second most important set for me. Oliva's always entertaining, and his band is always top notch. Add to that the fact that they're playing "Streets," and you can guarantee that I won't miss a single second of this set.

Orden Ogan--These guys have been growing on me. If they can pull off their material live, I'll most likely stick around for the whole set.

Overkill--See Leprous. It's going to be a nice, long dinner.

Pain Of Salvation--This is number one on my list. "Remedy Lane" is one of my desert island albums, and to this day, Pain Of Salvation is the best live band I've ever seen.

Seventh Wonder--The "Mercy Falls" set is #4 on my list, as the band is incredible live, but the album is not necessarily my favorite one by them. I'm more interested in seeing their Saturday morning performance.

Stratovarius--The "Visions" set is #3 on my list. It's been a good long while since I've seen this band, and to hear some classic material will be great. However, I hope they don't exclude some stuff from their last three albums.

Voodoo Circle--I'm very interested to see these guys. It should be a nice hard rock departure from the rest of the evening.

Withem--I also really want to see these guys, as I'm a sucker for the more traditional-sounding prog metal bands.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

In all honesty, I'm looking forward to seeing every bands set with equal enthusiasm! This year is IMO by far the strongest since I started attending in 2007.

the only set I'm so-so about is Leprous, but I will give them a chance to win me over…everything else is a must see for me..Voodoo Circle especially

There have been plenty of bands have been unable to really get into unto I saw them live, so I have to go with Orden Ogan. I want to like them a lot more than I really do, and I'm hoping that their live show will push me over the top.

the only set I'm so-so about is Leprous, but I will give them a chance to win me over…everything else is a must see for me..Voodoo Circle especially

I'd urge everyone to stay for at least 2 Leprous songs. If they haven't grabbed you by then they're unlikely to do so. I don't care for their studio stuff, like, almost at all, however, live, they are un-fucking-believable performers.

If we're only looking at the bands performing at the main fest, here's how it breaks down for me:

Leprous--I tried in the past. This will be dinner time for me.

Overkill--See Leprous. It's going to be a nice, long dinner.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

To each their own of course.... I only point out your specific post because I find it unique in that you will be skipping two of the most high energy bands of the weekend.

Leprous. I'm terrified that their music isn't going to translate live, but their performance with Ihsahn has me thinking it can also be the best set ever.

It translates live, at least it did when they played the kick-off a few years ago. It was a fantastic show. I'm not that enamored with their latest album and I expect they'll play a lot of it, but I'm still very much looking forward to their set.

JOP doing Streets ended up in me buying a ticket but alas it was not meant to be. Buying a ticket 8 months in advance etc but hey PP sold out. Hope I like the 2015 lineup enough to buy a ticket. There's a hot Latina that wants to have lunch too (!). :kickass: