What would you do?

ForgotenWarrior6

Revel in this, bitch.
Sep 19, 2007
USA
www.myspace.com
My vocalist is kind of a tool. Today my keyboardist quit (because she wants to spend more time on school work) and he wanted me to rewrite every song I've written with out keyboards (I write -all- the material.) I told him that we should just look for another keyboardist in the down time but he insisted that keyboards aren't important to metal because it's not traditional (or something along those lines) My songs basically rely on keyboards. They play most of the melodies and it glues the whole thing together. With out them, you would defiantly know something is missing. I kind of want to ditch this project and start something with another drummer I know with my other guitarist. Good idea / bad idea? My vocalist is really a pretentious douche bag.

Suggestions?

I've done this before.

Keyboardist and singer had too much ego to get along with the rest of the band.

We split and the rest of us continued with another project.

They also got into other projects.

Everyone's happy.:)

Keyboards not a traditional part of metal? Uh, Deep Purple anyone? Your singer is a douchefag, get a new band.

I agree with all the above.

Being in a band is all about having fun, not only rehearsing but in general.

Otherwise, technology moves rapidly.
If you want to only record you don't need anyone else but your skills(and middy sounds:loco:)

I agree with all the above.

Being in a band is all about having fun, not only rehearsing but in general.

Otherwise, technology moves rapidly.
If you want to only record you don't need anyone else but your skills(and middy sounds:loco:)

Yeah, thats kinda what I've been doing. We've kinda worked it out. They only thing that sucks ass is that there seems to be a shortage of Keyboardist who can rip in Connecticut :(