What would you say...

Uhhhhhh

Thales

Even though i think Thales lack the variety (in song structure) of Opeth. But they are the closest.

In fact Orchid wasnt that varied an album, so if Thales first album is like that it will be very similar.

This name sounds familiar?
Didn't someone say Primordial was going to be the next big thing??
Or am I way off? hehehe

You're pretty far off, this band has been around for quite some time and still has yet to get much recognition. They are a great band, and somewhat remind me of Opeth and In the Woods with an ethnic Irish sound. The structure isn't nearly as elaborate as Opeth, and they usually stick to the "Blackwater Park format" with about one guitar playing odd chords and a lead adding atmosphere.

Originally posted by Morningrise

You're pretty far off, this band has been around for quite some time and still has yet to get much recognition. They are a great band, and somewhat remind me of Opeth and In the Woods with an ethnic Irish sound. The structure isn't nearly as elaborate as Opeth, and they usually stick to the "Blackwater Park format" with about one guitar playing odd chords and a lead adding atmosphere.

Ahh..Allrighty then

From those bands Thales sounds the most 'similar' to Opeth (older) like Orchid or Morningrise... But still not similar. I still haven't found a band that sounds similar to Opeth in structures, melodies, sound, complexity, variety, moods and emotions. There are bands that have the same sound or structures etc. but nothing that has them all...

2 parts Agalloch
1 part Katatonia
1 part Bathory (for some of the folky, yet rocklicious acoustics)
1 part Dissection
2 parts Thales
1 part Camel
a dash of EoS
a hint of early Moonspell, spread liberally
and some lime.... mix well, serve in METAL shaker...