What you think..solo's i recorded now

As a said above, its not totaly bad and he really wasnt trying to get the notes spot on. Hmmm, too the people who dont like it very much....i would like you to record some of your rifs and post it.

I would like to record my stuff, but i dont have good equipment. :erk:

Like most people said, it was pretty bad. But I'm still impressed. That's a really hard solo, and you managed to at least play some of it. You definetly have to tune your guitar, and practice playing accurately, but you have the raw speed. You should definetly try to focus on building at least a minimal sense of rhythm, playing things perfectly, and getting a guitar that stays tuned.

hehe i was just kidding when i said that locker thing. most of my friends who play guitar says the solo rocks, they cant do it, and have played longer than me :s

Hmm , listening to Anku's recordings , I realised that I haven't been training CoB songs for atleast 6 months ! :OMG:
Damned , I should be training , though I've played for two years now .
After I get my rock band demo in my hands (Which probably will take some time) , I will start training CoB solos like hell . ( Or maybe I will concentrate on some sinergy stuff :cool: )

antti, your sixpounder tab i think is wrong. ( offtopic) and stop bashing him, thats a tough solo, and to be playing for 1 1/2 years and only practice an hour a day, that is really fucking good.

I CAN understand that some guys want to play COB stuff, but its always better to start with easier things.

Anku, you make/made many mistakes in your playing, and if you don't kill the mistakes in the near future you will have them for the rest of your life. Because to kill or to break up a "wrong technic" you'll have to practise the "right technic" the double of time your practised the "wrong technic". Believe me.

So thats why I'm telling you it's bad (and because it IS bad). Practise clearly and try some easier stuff first.
And don't trust that "nice done, dude"-people...

Enemy242 said:
antti, your sixpounder tab i think is wrong. ( offtopic) and stop bashing him, thats a tough solo, and to be playing for 1 1/2 years and only practice an hour a day, that is really fucking good.

Tell me, what's wrong in that tab?
I know there are some mistakes and stuff they play different but still the same notes.
I would be more than happy to know what there is wrong.. and if you can get it right, then that's nice.. but if you can't, then just let it go man.

I didn't bash him.. I encouraged him to play more.
I know the Downfall solo is hard, but I'm pretty sure you can't play the solo either. Or am I wrong?

-Antti

Haha, sorry anku, didnt think youd take it that seriously!
Well what i meant was that you shouldve practiced it longer than an hour a day if you wanted to get it done, 3 months is kinda unreasonable.
Good job Bro! I've been playing for about 6 and a 1/2 years and i cant play the downfall solo, i can barely do runs, your WAY better then i was when i was playing for 1.5 years.... but then again i was only about 9.. anyways, keep practicing, and try to stray off learning bodom solos, cause there not really gonna get you anywhere, try to learn things more important to playing, because trust me, if you go into a music storre and play some bodom solo, perfectly even, then some other guy comes in and completely destroys you at a jazz solo, then you might feel pretty bad, i know this from experience... sorry for rambling...
CHeers

the tuning is wrong, i'm pretty sure it should be cgcfad the tab i got of the net is better. yours might be right in that tuning, but i'm pretty sure its supposed to be cgcfad.

Enemy242 said:
the tuning is wrong, i'm pretty sure it should be cgcfad the tab i got of the net is better. yours might be right in that tuning, but i'm pretty sure its supposed to be cgcfad.

Yea, I know the tuning is wrong, and it's supposed to be CDCFAD, but I didn't know it back then, until I saw them live and noticed how they played it.
And I am way too lazy to change the tuning, and who the fuck cares?! I don't, unless there are many wrong tones. Is there in your opinion??
BTW how long have you been playing the guitar? Just curious..

-Antti

lol leper i didn't take it serious, i was just kidding with that post :p and i know downfall is a hard solo but:

Wanna be big, look big..

Anku... seriously.. fuck some of these people. You've been playing for 1.5 years. You did really good for that amount of time. Don't worry about people giving you shit about wrong technique... When I was playing for 1.5 years, I couldn't play that shit perfectly... I did worse than you. But after now playing for 3 years, I can just about play anything by CoB without any problems because the techniques come naturally after some time, and I can tell by the way you play that you won't have much of a problem progressing in skill with time. You did good.