Whatever happened to Ice Age?

johan68

Apr 3, 2008
Clearwater, FL, U.S.A
Absolutely brilliant prog/metal band from (I think) New York. Released 2 albums and one EP. Then I believe they changed names to Soul-something rather... Love Ice Age and still spin those three discs on a regular basis.
Does anyone have any news on the subject.

The Spring thaw came along. I haven't heard anything from them in ages hehehehehe. Oh well, I guess Cherion answered my question.

Ice Age was awesome. Very underrated. I often lump them into the same catergory as Cairo...great, underrated prog metal bands who saw the light of day, had 2 albums or so, then disappeared

I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one who liked Ice Age or Cairo. They were both great bands! Unfortunately, I think all of those early Magna Carta bands, with the exception of Enchant, were under some sort of curse. Another band on that roster that I really dug was Dali's Dilemma. These days, they kind of remind me of what was a precursor to Stride.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I love that Dali's Dilemma disc, even though it hasn't been spun by me in a couple of years. I need to dig it out if I can find it. Last I heard Hal Aponte was doing something with a play, maybe on broadway, I forgot, I think I read it in modern drummer.

I love that Dali's Dilemma disc, even though it hasn't been spun by me in a couple of years. I need to dig it out if I can find it. Last I heard Hal Aponte was doing something with a play, maybe on broadway, I forgot, I think I read it in modern drummer.

I posted that about a month ago. Hal has been performing in Stairway to Hell here in NYC. The show might be doing a run in Europe soon, too, so now's the time to see it if you're in the area.

~C

I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one who liked Ice Age or Cairo. They were both great bands! Unfortunately, I think all of those early Magna Carta bands, with the exception of Enchant, were under some sort of curse. Another band on that roster that I really dug was Dali's Dilemma. These days, they kind of remind me of what was a precursor to Stride.

I agree, and I'll add Altura to that list of great bands that suffered the Magna Carta "they were great...what happened to them" curse. Glad to see that Enchant survived it, at least...they seriously kicked my ass at BARfest last week, as did Zero Hour, LTE, & Sun Caged (Darkwater was a pleasant surprise, too). :headbang:

Craig

Craig,

You're absolutely right about Altura! I don't know why I forgot to mention them in my initial post, especially since I just spun "Mercy" two weeks ago!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert