What's Borknagars status at the moment?

Eindride

Dec 22, 2007
We'll ...

Scanning various threads on this board and reading some of the comments and hints, inspires me to ask the following:

What exactly is the status for Borknagar as a band right now? Are The Borks on hiatus, working/writing a new album, transformed to a studioproject, are there any line-up changes, is it still a "band" or a "one man project" with guest musicians - or what?

Can someone, please, enlighten us on this topic?

Borknagar is as active as ever, I wouldn't fully say they're a Studio band, but they haven't played live since 2006 (I think?). A new album is planned for 2008, I think Oystein has been writing up songs and getting things together so I'd imagine they'll be going into recording at some point. But don't quote me on this, I'm just guessing from a few things they've all said.

The only recent stuff I've heard has been these few things.

Oystein said...
BTW. New Bork album next year!

Lars said
The Borknagar camp is rather quiet these days, but pretty soon things will start to move there too - and this time around there will be fuzz guitars, hammond organs and blastbeats again. Ah, I can't wait...

and Andreas said...
Life has been very busy for all in the band so we haven't started the actual recording process yet..I know that Öystein also has some new songs coming up for the rest of us..so it'll take some time before the album is out.

mr V

That's all I've heard from everyone so far.

I also heard that they are not with Century Media anymore, i think it was Lars that said it in an interview . . .

The alt commands. I don't know the number though, so I just cheat and copy + paste from another source :p

EDIT: Alt+0216 = Ø (remember to use numbpad)

Learn Bokmål. That way you should be able to speak with all Norwegians plus most other Scandinavians. Also, the best way to learn it would actually be to spend six months in Norway or something like that. A good book+cd-rom (for pronunciation) could do the trick too.

Alright, it's time to learn Norwegian. But how should I go about it? Should I get a book? Video? PC program? Website? Should I learn Bokmol? Nyorsk?

On the new KDE there will be a vocabulary Trainer, new name is Parly (formerly KVoctrain)
You can start learning norwegian vocabulary!