Whats everyone listening to lately?

Joel-RZ

Apr 6, 2002
Fort Collins, CO
www.myspace.com
While everyone is patiently and...uh...quietly...waiting for the next RZ release ;)...whats hot in everyones CD players these days? Im sure I have missed the boat one some of the cooler CD's out recently...

I recently picked up the Mars Volta disc...I really like what they are doing. The vocals remind of the singer from Unified Theory a bit...and the guy from Ours. I also like the new Janes Addiction. Pretty solid disc from them.

anyone know if and hwen a new Testament album will grace us??

NP: Jellyfish - Spilt Milk

Hey Joel,

Let's see, well, over the last week or so, this is what I can remember listening to:

Spock's Beard - Feel Euphoria
Zero Hour - Metamorphosis
Enchant - Tug of War
Devin Townsend - Accelerated Evolution
Gordian Knot - Emergent
Chrome Shift - Ripples in Time
OSI - s/t
Opeth - Damnation
Chris Brooks - The Master Plan
Rush - Vapor Trails
Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head
Redemption - s/t
The Cure - Disintegration
Machine Called Man - Demo
HEX - ...our synthetic soul :)

Bob

Evil Guardian said:
Nevermore, Dark Funerl, Dark Throne, Cradle of FIlth

Gotta love the dark stuff....I like the new nevermore musically...Loomis is a mad man for sure...I like the production on the last few a little better...

Im not much a black metal fan...but I have to admit the COF boys threaten a lot of metal bands out there...I missed Ozzfest but would have loved to check them out in a setting like that...

rgbeach said:
Hey Joel,

Let's see, well, over the last week or so, this is what I can remember listening to:

Spock's Beard - Feel Euphoria
Zero Hour - Metamorphosis

I havent heard the remixes and extra material on this one but cant wait to...

Enchant - Tug of War
Devin Townsend - Accelerated Evolution

Awesome stuff! I love this disc...

Gordian Knot - Emergent
Chrome Shift - Ripples in Time
OSI - s/t

Top 5 disc...I wasnt sure if I would like the vocals but I mist say it really fits the direction...very floydish

Opeth - Damnation

I also like this...Musically I really enjoy Opeth. The vocals are a little tough but I can hang...I wish Chuck Billy sang for every brutal vocal band ;)

Chris Brooks - The Master Plan
Rush - Vapor Trails

Have a hard time getting into this one but I do like a few tunes...Live they were really fun. I loved the washing machine cabs Geddy was sporting

Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head

One of my favs...along with Parachutes...awesome band.

Redemption - s/t

Another killer disc. Nick and crew did a great job...looking forward to their PP performance...

The Cure - Disintegration

I like this disc quite a bit too...have to be in a mood but Fascination Street is such a great song...Engine rock that song as well.

Machine Called Man - Demo

Whats this?

HEX - ...our synthetic soul :)

Looking forward to hearing your new stuff

Bob

rgbeach said:
Joel, are you and the rest of the RZ guys going to be at PPIV? It woud be fun to see you guys again!

Bob

Well, Chris and I are managing the stage again...so we will be running around like mad ;) Spud is thinking about coming but not totally sure yet...
give him some crap ;)
Its going to be a blast for sure. If you see me get my attention...I will keep an eye out as well but it gets crowded in there ;)

Will you have any new material with you? We are *trying* to have something ready but might not make it in time.

Joel-RZ said:
Well, Chris and I are managing the stage again...so we will be running around like mad ;) Spud is thinking about coming but not totally sure yet...
give him some crap ;)
Its going to be a blast for sure. If you see me get my attention...I will keep an eye out as well but it gets crowded in there ;)

Will you have any new material with you? We are *trying* to have something ready but might not make it in time.

No new material for us. The summer is just way too busy. We'll start writing again in the fall, and shoot for the next release by mid next year.

Joal, it's cool to see the stuff you're listening to. I've had that Mars Volta as my album of the year for a while now.

The new Dead Soul Tribe is also up there, as is the s/t OHM (with Chris Poland, and two other guys).

Plus- You complketely rock for playing THE BEST EVER pop disc - Jellyfish's Spilt Milk. Not enough people here know that disc and they should be ashamed enough to immediately order it.

OceanMech said:
Joal, it's cool to see the stuff you're listening to. I've had that Mars Volta as my album of the year for a while now.

The new Dead Soul Tribe is also up there, as is the s/t OHM (with Chris Poland, and two other guys).

Plus- You complketely rock for playing THE BEST EVER pop disc - Jellyfish's Spilt Milk. Not enough people here know that disc and they should be ashamed enough to immediately order it.
I agree...Spilt Milk, as well as Belly Button are absolutely the best pop discs ever. It totally reminds me of a modern day "wings"...Paul McCartney being one of my favs...I always throw that in when I dont know what I want to hear or if I am having writers block. Chris Roy got me into them...Im pretty sure he played me their demo stuff WAY back in the early 90's...they almost sound better than the album versions IMO.

Ive heard a few songs of Dead Soul Tribe and very much like what they are doing...I loved Devon with PW...
Havent heard the OHM stuff yet...but have heard great things about that disc as well...

hmmm,

Oceansize - Effloresce (www.sizeofanocean.com)
Cea Serin - Where Memories Combine
Last Crack - new song demos (!!!)
The Tea Party - TRIPtych bonus disc
Orphaned Land - Mabool and El Norra Alilla
Into Eternity - Buried in Oblivion
Ayreon - Human Element
Necrophagist - Onset of Putrefaction
Tears For Fears - Everybody Loves A Happy Ending (in stores this september)
Slipknot -Vol 3 (this is actually a good album)
Thornley/Big Wreck (mix cd combos)

OK, so please tell me about the new Last Crack and the Thornley stuff. I dont have much $$ flow these days but I LOVE Big Wreck...and Last Crack was a band RZ you used to play with back in the day before I even joined. Oh and the Slipknot stuff...I love them as well. Have heard mixed reviews...people more prog oriented seem to like this one...and the heavier crowd seem to not like it as much.

My listening pleasures these days are:
Killswitch Engage - The end of heartache
Lamb of God - New american gospel
Devin Townsend Band - A.E.
New RZ stuff
Maroon 5
Coheed and Cambria
Sugarbomb mix CD

BenMech said:
hmmm,

Oceansize - Effloresce (www.sizeofanocean.com)
Cea Serin - Where Memories Combine
Last Crack - new song demos (!!!)
The Tea Party - TRIPtych bonus disc
Orphaned Land - Mabool and El Norra Alilla
Into Eternity - Buried in Oblivion
Ayreon - Human Element
Necrophagist - Onset of Putrefaction
Tears For Fears - Everybody Loves A Happy Ending (in stores this september)
Slipknot -Vol 3 (this is actually a good album)
Thornley/Big Wreck (mix cd combos)

greetings y'all!

lately i've mostly been listening to:

at the gates-blinded by fear
dimmu borgir-progenies of the great apocalypse
burzum-war (kick-ass!)
morbid angel-fall from grace
zyklon-subtle manipulation
deftones-hexagram
tool-eulogy
six feet under-amerika the brutal

:worship: distortion :worship: