What's everyone's opinion on Iced Earth's "Gettysburg 1863"?

Yea, I'm happy I got the Gettsyburg portion of Glorious Burden. Great CD!!! BUY IT!!! BUY IT!!! BUY IT!!
If all Iced Earth released in 2004 was the Gettysburg trilogy, it would be my disc of the year. Add some great songs like "Declaration Day", "The Reckoning" and "Attilla" and I'll be shocked if anying released this year even comes close for me.

Zod

I agree with your song choices, but what about When The Eagle Cries, I love that song, very powerful to me.

General Zod said:
If all Iced Earth released in 2004 was the Gettysburg trilogy, it would be my disc of the year. Add some great songs like "Declaration Day", "The Reckoning" and "Attilla" and I'll be shocked if anying released this year even comes close for me.

Zod

I agree.

Best 20 bucks I have spend this year so far.

Demonspell said:
Musically I can respect Schaffer's ambition in attempting to create a huge piece of music that captures the feel of the battle, but I can't say it holds my interest all the way through...
After a ton of listens, I'd say that some of the more atmospheric moments can bore me. Other times, they completely hold my attention. I often find these interludes a pleasant tease, as I wait for the Metal to kick back in. Any way you slice it, it's somewhat ironic that it's a Power Metal band who has constructed this 30 minute masterpeice, when so many ProgMetal bands fall flat on their respective faces when attempting to do so. It just goes to show, that the most important musical gift is that of songwriting (something Jon has in spades), not musical virtuosity.

Zod

im titally addicted to it after seeing them live last week, but i would still say that the something wicked trilogy is far superior (rock on barlow). Still, best cd of the year for me so far as well.

This is probably more suited to the Iced Earth forum but in my opinion:
Gettysburg beats the absolute piss out of the Odyssey (and the rest of the album).

Edit: Okay that was a tidge excessive, just that Symphony X has been boring the crap outta me lately. :yell: