What's going on with the website?????

sol83

Jun 15, 2002
Greece
Ok.... this is like a joke. Do Anathema have a website or not? When the fuck is it gonna be updated? The last intersting thing I read on the site was Danny's departure from the band something like 4 months ago. Since then Danny's back in the band, Jamie got the bass etc.etc.etc........ Why is there no info at all? Where are the interviews, the pics, the profiles, mp3's and all the other stuff from the old site? I hear everybody complaining about lack of promotion.... Well? What are the people responsible doing about it? How are new people gonna get in the band and find out stuff about it when the main source of info is dead? Wake uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!!!!!!! :(

Excuse my temper but I think this is serious, not for myself but for the band. Take care.

Originally posted by sol83
Ok.... this is like a joke. Do Anathema have a website or not? When the fuck is it gonna be updated? The last intersting thing I read on the site was Danny's departure from the band something like 4 months ago. Since then Danny's back in the band, Jamie got the bass etc.etc.etc........ Why is there no info at all? Where are the interviews, the pics, the profiles, mp3's and all the other stuff from the old site? I hear everybody complaining about lack of promotion.... Well? What are the people responsible doing about it? How are new people gonna get in the band and find out stuff about it when the main source of info is dead? Wake uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!!!!!!! :(

Excuse my temper but I think this is serious, not for myself but for the band. Take care.

Sopel's polish site would fit way better as Official Homepage!!! More updates, info's and mp3's. Very good site. Mega's site looks nice, but indeed is not up to date and the only thing to use it is to get into IRC Chat.

Well Sol I agree with you that this is undoubtly, in the age of the internet, a disadvantage for the band.
And it is normally the easiest way to promote/ infor, about a band isn't it?

Well, so WE NEED MORE UPDATES !!!! :cool:

you're right dammit!
AR15firing.gif

indeed he wouldn't appreciate this, but it makes no sense if he just update the site for every half year. Maybe he better leaves this "official" to Sopel.

yes that's right but if he hasn't enough time to update, it would be better to choose one who has time to regularly give the fans news.
It seems as if there are enough other webmasters who have this time when you look to other bands.

It has nothing to do who is the webmaster, but to choose the best for the fans.

That's what i think, but maybe there are other reason we don't know yet.

Cheers

Originally posted by Morpheus
indeed he wouldn't appreciate this, but it makes no sense if he just update the site for every half year. Maybe he better leaves this "official" to Sopel.

I don´t know exactlly but I don´t think that it has to do with Mega. He puts online the infos he gets from the band and nothing else (otherwise it wouldn´t be that official anymore). Running an unofficial site is sometimes bit easier because you can do with it whatever you like to and you can put online everything.

Originally posted by sol83

The main problem is, that the guys simply don't send me any ifnromation to be added for the website and don't ask me why. Jamie has promised to keep in touch a bit more often as well as to be my number one contact and this was back in July/August but haven't heard anything from him since that. I was supposed to get an official statement about Danny incident but nothing. Now I can't make any news and updates out of nothing, afterall it is an official site where everything should come directly from the band. So it is not a question of lack of time or anything like that. I don't want to make up things myself, it is up to the band and their management/label.

We were also doing some talking about completely redesigning the site and add loads of new stuff but it is just seems to be more or less impossible to be in touch with the guys regularily. I am not responsible for promoting them, I just run the site as I have done it for years for the love of music but I am not paid or anything like that. In my opinion band websites should represent the band in the net and not the designer, thus all the info should come directly from the band.

Overall about the content, I don't like the idea of making an "complete guide of Anathema" type of site with samples etc. I want it to be the reliable source of Anathema related information mainly directed for the fans (ie those who are already familiar with the band at least a bit). Therefore samples, lyrics, reviews or interviews etc are not my main concern. I do admit, that I don't have time to surf the net every day just to look up for Anathema reviews and interviews but I do add them to the site whenever I just happen to come up with good ones.

Hopefully this will clear up things a bit.