What's going on with the website?????

Yeah, Danny posted here a long time ago that there would be an official statement soon concerning the 'new' line-up, i.e. Jamie being back. Ever since he has never mentioned it again. But maybe, if the band is 'busy' all the time, mega might add some 'goodies' just to add some stuff from time to time.

Originally posted by mega
The main problem is, that the guys simply don't send me any ifnromation to be added for the website and don't ask me why. Jamie has promised to keep in touch a bit more often as well as to be my number one contact and this was back in July/August but haven't heard anything from him since that. I was supposed to get an official statement about Danny incident but nothing. Now I can't make any news and updates out of nothing, afterall it is an official site where everything should come directly from the band. So it is not a question of lack of time or anything like that. I don't want to make up things myself, it is up to the band and their management/label.

We were also doing some talking about completely redesigning the site and add loads of new stuff but it is just seems to be more or less impossible to be in touch with the guys regularily. I am not responsible for promoting them, I just run the site as I have done it for years for the love of music but I am not paid or anything like that. In my opinion band websites should represent the band in the net and not the designer, thus all the info should come directly from the band.

Overall about the content, I don't like the idea of making an "complete guide of Anathema" type of site with samples etc. I want it to be the reliable source of Anathema related information mainly directed for the fans (ie those who are already familiar with the band at least a bit). Therefore samples, lyrics, reviews or interviews etc are not my main concern. I do admit, that I don't have time to surf the net every day just to look up for Anathema reviews and interviews but I do add them to the site whenever I just happen to come up with good ones.

Hopefully this will clear up things a bit.

thanx mega for responding and clearing up things.

Hopefully things getting better with the webside, because i think its important promotion for the band.

Originally posted by neph
Yeah, Danny posted here a long time ago that there would be an official statement soon concerning the 'new' line-up, i.e. Jamie being back. Ever since he has never mentioned it again. But maybe, if the band is 'busy' all the time, mega might add some 'goodies' just to add some stuff from time to time.

I would really love to update the site way more often than now but there is not much I can do really. I want all the info on the site to be directly from the band like news, bios, tour dates etc so that visitors can rely that they are 100% correct. Not so sure if the band is too busy since they don't seem to have too many gigs nor that they would be recording new songs.

What kind of stuff and goodies you would like to see ? Like I said I can't make up things or get them out of nothing...

Speaking of layout and redesign, I would love to do that as well but I don't see no point in doing it now unless there would be some truly new content as well. It does it job the way it is now even it is not the most appealing thing.

I would never say anything about layout and stuff, that's totally up to you and the band, but what about stuff like pics? I've got about 100 that were done for three mags, which means they have been printed already, but you can have them, they're mine anyway and have been published some time ago. Same with reviews and interviews. Stuff like that would not interfere with the 'official' information, I guess... just my opinion. :)

I would never say anything about layout and stuff, that's totally up to you and the band, but what about stuff like pics? I've got about 100 that were done for three mags, which means they have been printed already, but you can have them, they're mine anyway and have been published some time ago. Same with reviews and interviews. Stuff like that would not interfere with the 'official' information, I guess... just my opinion. :)

I am not too fond of the pics as well since in my opinion they do not offer that much information and good pics are such hard to find. Of course there are also copyright things etc, This same goes for interviews and reviews as well. But if you have any good new pics/interviews/reviews just mail them to webmaster@anathema.info and I'll see what I will do with them.

Okay.
But if you are not really fond of adding interviews and reviews from mags, why don't you arrange something like an interview with the band every month or something like that? Or a monthly column by a band member or various? (Those that are reliable) Thus the fans would get all the new information on a regular basis.

Okay.
But if you are not really fond of adding interviews and reviews from mags, why don't you arrange something like an interview with the band every month or something like that? Or a monthly column by a band member or various? (Those that are reliable) Thus the fans would get all the new information on a regular basis.

That's an idea what I have had in mind for a long time not to talk about regular news updates but how do you think I would get such done if I can't even get an official statement about the lineup thing ? The problem is not really the content but how to get it from the band.

:D Yeah, I know what you mean, I guess you share this with a lot of other webmasters from official sites, that the members are not really fond of doing that on a regular basis.
I don't know. I always arrange interviews via record/promotion companies, and then they have to talk to me, if they want to or not... :lol:
Maybe also through the record company? They should be interested in it because most mags get their information from the official sites now. If you want news, subscribe to the newsletter, that's faster and more reliable than any newsletter from a record company. They're really interested in getting interviews for their bands, i.e. that they're presented in the media quite often

... and what about sending Danny questions via mail? Like interview questions, profile, etc. I mean, he keeps on visiting this forum, so he must have some time to answer those interview/profile whatever questions... I think...

First of all I want to thank mega for his replies. They have been most enlightening. I realize that this is between him and the band. There's not much we can do about it. I just hope for more Anathema info in the future. Thanx again mega.:)

... and what about sending Danny questions via mail? Like interview questions, profile, etc. I mean, he keeps on visiting this forum, so he must have some time to answer those interview/profile whatever questions... I think...

I hope Jamie will start being in touch a bit more regularily but we'll see

:D Yeah, I know what you mean, I guess you share this with a lot of other webmasters from official sites, that the members are not really fond of doing that on a regular basis.
I don't know. I always arrange interviews via record/promotion companies, and then they have to talk to me, if they want to or not... :lol:
Maybe also through the record company? They should be interested in it because most mags get their information from the official sites now. If you want news, subscribe to the newsletter, that's faster and more reliable than any newsletter from a record company. They're really interested in getting interviews for their bands, i.e. that they're presented in the media quite often

MFN is also hard tp get in touch with and I wouldn't want to go through official channels when I have known the guys for years and been in touch with them countless of times.

Originally posted by Morpheus
indeed he wouldn't appreciate this, but it makes no sense if he just update the site for every half year. Maybe he better leaves this "official" to Sopel.
fair comment. i think 'official' is just a word that people like to use to feel more important. sopel's site is maintained with more care and attention so he can be 'official' too

sopel put 'official' at the top of your page!:cool:

anyway i dont like the way every other site on the links page is labelled 'unofficial'
that stinks
they are all official because i said so!

it is a time of consolidation and some difficulties for the band at the moment.
i can say that there is a new song called 'the natural disaster' which we recorded yesterday and its the best album title i have heard so far! but nothing is confirmed. its a difficult time for us but i'm sure we will get through it. life changing times i think they are.

Originally posted by pagan2002
fair comment. i think 'official' is just a word that people like to use to feel more important. sopel's site is maintained with more care and attention so he can be 'official' too

sopel put 'official' at the top of your page!:cool:

I understood 'official' as something confirmed by the band. I guess no band wants rumours to be spread in mags. If you read something that is not true, which you never said or did but which is spread in mags because some guy posted it on his site, you'd be quite angry, I think. That's the point. Information confirmed by the band (members), reliable sources...

well it would be but over the last year the band has been in a mess and it went all over the web just because i am a fucking nobhead!

I understood 'official' as something confirmed by the band. I guess no band wants rumours to be spread in mags. If you read something that is not true, which you never said or did but which is spread in mags because some guy posted it on his site, you'd be quite angry, I think. That's the point. Information confirmed by the band (members), reliable sources...

That's how I see the official status as well and not as to boost the ego of the webmaster. I wouldn't mind putting much more time and effort on the site if I would just get a bit more information from the band, label and management. So far the support from the label and management has been absolutely zero and the band could do much better job as well.

I woul dlike to keep this in private between me and the band but if I am started being critized in public and some news are posted here instead of me, well...