What's Next?

IcemanJ256

Dark Overlord
Apr 28, 2002
Dayton, Ohio, USA
www.amazon.com
what is Ulver releasing next? did Svedd Neger come out? I haven't heard anyone say how they liked it or anything. how about the string remake of Nattens Madrigal, I am looking forward to that a lot. I know Utopian Enterprises isn't due out for a while.

IcemanJ256 said:
what is Ulver releasing next? did Svedd Neger come out? I haven't heard anyone say how they liked it or anything. how about the string remake of Nattens Madrigal, I am looking forward to that a lot. I know Utopian Enterprises isn't due out for a while.

check out there site
www.jester-records.com/ulver/
utopian enterprises is now the heart album
as for string remake, i too am looking forward to it, but seems we still have quite a wait till that project resurfaces

I hope this will be renamed again. "The heart album" sounds very boring and uninteresting, but of course it´s the music that counts. Maybe he wanted to remove this futuristic touch from the title and turn it into something more "emotional" (which is understandable if the music has anything in common with the quick fix ep).

Btw, somehow I doubt that this Nattens remake will ever be released. Garm is a very occupied man now and he has tons of other things to do which are more important for him. I guess he isn´t even interested in this project anymore.

Does anyone have some detailed infos about the string remake? Are there real strings or synth strings? What about the production? Distorted or crystal clear this time?
Is anything of it recorded yet?

Verago said:
Does anyone have some detailed infos about the string remake? Are there real strings or synth strings? What about the production? Distorted or crystal clear this time?
Is anything of it recorded yet?

i think/hope the nattens remake will see the light of day eventually, though not any time soon, samples from the nattens remake appear of one of the tracks on 1st decade in the machines, it also has a catalogue number on the jester site, but yeh, wont be seeing it anytime soon, still i look forward to a new full length more now that ive heard the quick fix ep! they did record real strings for the nattens too...as for sound, who knows

I bought Svidd Neger over a month ago. I find it really strange displeasedrecords was the only shop which sold Svidd Neger. And i read on various pages on the web that Svidd Neger would be released on 15 september! Did Displeased sell some sort of promo copy then?

The album itself is really superb example of a musical genius :) Is it soooooooooooooooo good, with lots of changes in bombastic and athmospheric moods :) Especcially the 13th song is fantastic. It opens with some cello's playing some hits, and then some electronics put behind it. Then after about 15 seconds comes a beautifull solo cello line which literally floats above the music as a manifestation of pure perfection :)

Pietjuh said:
I bought Svidd Neger over a month ago. I find it really strange displeasedrecords was the only shop which sold Svidd Neger. And i read on various pages on the web that Svidd Neger would be released on 15 september! Did Displeased sell some sort of promo copy then?

The album itself is really superb example of a musical genius :) Is it soooooooooooooooo good, with lots of changes in bombastic and athmospheric moods :) Especcially the 13th song is fantastic. It opens with some cello's playing some hits, and then some electronics put behind it. Then after about 15 seconds comes a beautifull solo cello line which literally floats above the music as a manifestation of pure perfection :)
That's making me drool!

According to one store I emailed the release date from the distributors is now the 6th. What happened is they sent out a load of copies in AUgust by mistake and tried to recall them all... From next monday on getting hold of a copy shouldn't be so hard I hope :erk: