What's the best thing you've ever done

If I could separate society's "real men" from the... hmm... we'll call them "lesser men", I'd say that the former is united by Social Darwinism and the latter by Kantian Constructivism.

I categorize myself into the latter, and typically (in my RL relationships) try to bridge gaps instead of elevating myself over people.

If I could separate society's "real men" from the... hmm... we'll call them "lesser men", I'd say that the former is united by Social Darwinism and the latter by Kantian Constructivism.

I categorize myself into the latter, and typically (in my RL relationships) try to bridge gaps instead of elevating myself over people.

I see where you are coming from.

I am extremely traditional/old fashioned when it comes to gender roles/expectations, and not in the "I am a man because I break and fuck everything that moves" sense.

Masculinity to me invokes an image of hardworking, responsible, mature, family man. Therefore, hyper-masculinity would be these traits to the extreme.

If anything, the traits you refer to as "hyper-masculinity", I would refer to as "Childish Regression" or something similar.

Hyper masculinity is the way society's "real men" interact with one another: a perpetual contest of size, strength, speed, and wealth in both their own persons and their assets.

eligos.jpg

Masculinity to me invokes an image of hardworking, responsible, mature, family man. Therefore, hyper-masculinity would be these traits to the extreme.

If anything, the traits you refer to as "hyper-masculinity", I would refer to as "Childish Regression" or something similar.

Exactly. See, we're on the same page now. Now if you'll look at my description of King Drunkard as Hyper-Masculine, and then refer to his posts in the thread "You nostalgia, you lose", my point will be made.

I think V5 just accused me of being pseudo-intellectual.

KD is a skinny veteran with a drinking problem.

The most masculine man is what I call the "Zen Master."

Patient yet firm, strong without the perceived need for pomp and posturing, assertive without being aggressive, the Zen Master is capable of destruction and pain. He has strong morals and opinions but does not proselytize or preach. A single negative word from him can shatter the soul, and he needs not lay a finger on his enemies to strike fear into their hearts. The Zen Master is deeply rooted in protection of loved ones and pursuit of personal goals, and he will never, ever allow a female or lesser male to destroy him. His heart is unbreakable, yet glows with warmth and caring.

Contrary to popular belief, I really don't drink that much. It just so happens that whenever I do drink I enjoy frequenting this message board and posting dumb shit. I get a kick out of it and so do many others.