what's the deal with Periphery?

Looking at it from a guitar players standpoint I see what a lot of you mean about the instrumental versions, but listening to it as a WHOLE as just a person who enjoy music vs a musician I think the whole package was overall pretty damn good.

Ditto. Not having really been keeping up with the instrumental versions of the songs or any of the previous singers I guess I really had no attachment or expectations. Plus, falling out of any style of "serious" production aspects I didn't come at it with any kind of Axe Fx shenanigans or "djent" hate. So, I guess I came to it as a person listening to new music.

Yes, I'm aware of that. But nobody looks at the Swastika and sees a sacred symbol, they see Nazism.
It seems all the people I know who are aware of this particular symbol understand that is also a symbol for enlightenment, but how it is generally used in this day and age is quite a bit more sinister, and thus you need to tread carefully.

Yes, I'm aware of that. But nobody looks at the Swastika and sees a sacred symbol, they see Nazism.
It seems all the people I know who are aware of this particular symbol understand that is also a symbol for enlightenment, but how it is generally used in this day and age is quite a bit more sinister, and thus you need to tread carefully.

Well... er a Swastika and a Jaina Cross are two different things dude. They may look similar, but there are differences. That is why people don't see a sacred symbol when they look at a Swastika (could also make the argument that some people do in fact see a sacred symbol, but lets avoid that debate)

The all seeing eye as you call it... well... I don't buy in to that whole illuminati bullshit anyway, so to me it's a pretty picture to inspire thought and the attainment of knowledge. Nothing sinister about it... unless you're a 911 tr000fer that see's dark hands in every facet of life.

Nothing sinister about it... unless you're a 911 tr000fer that see's dark hands in every facet of life.

I don't see dark hands in every facet, just dark hands in a fair few, and the eye of providence is a symbol that represents the dark hands I *PERSONALLY* believe are at play in a few of those facets.

The comment was intended as nothing more than being just a passing statement. Wasn't trying to start off some massive illuminati discussion or something to that extent.

Gareth i love you man but go shove your conspiracy theory illuminatus BS up you ass....lol

The All seeing eye is an eastern medicine thing. Its ALWAYS stood for enlightenment. It was around long before this illuminati bullshit. Worry about where the symbol came from not who adopted it for their own retarded fucking reasons.

Its like saying Ozzy is a hardcore Christian cause he has crosses on 90% of his album covers.

Get the fuck over it.