What's the greatest user manual you ever read?

Dobrev Lyubomir

New Metal Member
Jan 28, 2018
Hi, fellas! Good to be back here among you audio OCD types after all this time. I need a favor. Recently, I started as a technical writer for a well-known pro audio company. I'm writing the user manuals for our products and I want to write nothing but the best darn user manuals this industry has ever seen! Even though no one ever reads the damn manual, lol!

I would greatly appreciate it if you point me towards the best user manuals you've personally read and tell me what it is about them that you liked in particular. Although the focus is on studio gear, it can be any piece of technology or whatever. If the manual kicks ass, it's fair game!

On the side, you can also point me towards some really poor examples of user manuals and tell me all about how much they stink!

Go!

I particularly like well explained but kind of succinct manuals. There cannot be missing features and everything must be explained as shortly and simply as possible.
It's not exactly what you are looking for but I like the FabFilter manuals.
Reaper manual is also very nice because it uses examples to explain some things but unfortunately it lacks any explanation at all of features like some of the time-stretching/pitch-shifting algorithms