what's the latest and greatest in cab impulses?

[UEAK]Clowd

Apr 29, 2008
it's been quite a long time since I've used impulses - I've been exclusively micing up cabs for quite some time now.

however, I was just doing a quick demo here at home though and I feel like I want something new. I'm still using the guitarhack stuff... and don't get me wrong, they are fantastic, but I feel like someone must have one-upped him by now?

I am using Catharsis impulses almost every time, Guitarhacks impulses didn't work very well for me,
but some of the best itb sounds I heard were recorded with Guitarhacks impulses.
I actually didn't try newer impulses because I really like the sounds I get.

I have to say I really love the 121 on the Marshall or Mesa in Recabinet. I was using it with a JSX head rather than an ampsim though

Still using Catharsis Awesometime-Fredman here. They just fucking work and there's been no reason to change for me.

I'm still liking Guitarhacks Final and Awesometime by whoever made that one, usually find that if neither of those works its something else that sucks

Quick question (cause i'm at work and won't be able to check until later on tonight) was there any impulses created with 15-inch speakers or just 12s...??

I bought Recabinet a while back, and while I think it's good and I like it especially for rock sounds and such. Somehow though, it's definitely not my go-to impulse library for metal music, and I've achieved my best tones using free impulses. Maybe I've just not found the best impulses from it.