What's the latest on Symphony X?

I actually spoke with Mike Romeo today (Wednesday the 15) and he was recording Russ's vocals. He did say the album is very complex and is taking a while, BUT, he assures it will be worth the wait!!!! The disc is almost done being fully recorded, then it's mix down madness!!!!! Mike and the boys rule!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang:

I actually spoke with Mike Romeo today (Wednesday the 15) and he was recording Russ's vocals. He did say the album is very complex and is taking a while, BUT, he assures it will be worth the wait!!!! The disc is almost done being fully recorded, then it's mix down madness!!!!! Mike and the boys rule!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang:

I appreciate your info here. And I couldnt care less that it's not official news from the band's site/forum. These days, it seems that virtually EVERYONE on a forum is friends with someone in a prominent metal band or someone who is privy to info. So, I can't imagine what you'd have to gain from lying about it. Though some people tend to scoff at insider info based on "Just got off the phone with so-and-so," I personaly enjoy it. Especially when its regarding an album that has been plagued with numerous unfortunate delays.

There's been plenty of b.s. about the band, about the release date, etc. popping up at that forum from time to time. I wouldn't say it's on lockdown, but don't believe everything you read on the internet....The last info that was posted by Jax at the forum is the latest "confirmed" info I have.....

J-Dubya

From what l've seen...it's on lockdown...deleted posts, warning header, etc. I don't believe everything, but it's unavoidable that somebody that knows somebody is going to leak info...confirmed or not. It's funny how some of the unconfirmed info turns out to be very true. Sure there's BS out there too, but that's usually easy to recognize & filter.

From what l've seen...it's on lockdown...deleted posts, warning header, etc. I don't believe everything, but it's unavoidable that somebody that knows somebody is going to leak info...confirmed or not. It's funny how some of the unconfirmed info turns out to be very true. Sure there's BS out there too, but that's usually easy to recognize & filter.

Some of the deleted posts were from douchebags, and while I can't speak for Jax, who runs that forum, I can say that I'm sometimes dismayed that Blabbermouth or some other sites seem to get the info before any official channels, be it the website, the mailing list, or the forum. I can't control that, and if the record company, or whomever, is going to do it, so be it. The forum isn't just a fan site, but is supposed to be a conduit for information, as well as a gathering spot for the band's fans. I don't have the direct link to the guys that Jax has, so I can't say one way or another whether or not any of the leaked info has been substantiated, I just help her moderate there. I couldn't agree with you more that it's inevitable that stuff is going to leak. It also seems the maturity level over there leaves a lot to be desired at times. I don't get that worked up about the leaked info. When the cd comes out, it'll come out, and it'll hopefully kick buckets of ass. I can't wait for the cd to appear so all this crap about updates will go away for a while... :)

J-Dubya

I'm looking forward to the new release too. I was disappointed with The Odyssey. It had it's moments, but it just didn't deliver for me. Actually, I haven't been too impressed since TDWoT, but that's just me (ok TiO was good too). Hopefully the new one will see Romeo doing less Yngwie noodling & have lyrical content that is pertinent today.