What's the moral of the story?

Dhatura

New Metal Member
Mar 19, 2003
a pretty how town
Visit site
At the bottom of the wardrobe there had been living the Sock and the Hole, the Hole on the Sock, that is. One fine day the Hole said to the Sock, ”I’m much more beautiful than you.” So the Hole thought he should make himself bigger, and so he did. The Sock groaned but tried to fight, ”But I’ve got colours!” The Hole replied, ”Yeah, and you’re bloody dirty too. But I’m crystal clean.” So he thought he’d get to it and made himself bigger again. ”Heeey, stop it!” the Sock shouted, ”Your haughtiness is unbearable.” ”Oh, well, I’m better than you, I should be bigger than you” and the Hole made himself grow again. ”Oh, my goodness, stop it, can’t you see you’re killing me?” But the Hole was so big now that he couldn’t hear the Sock’s moan, and with an ultimate breath he became as big as the Sock himself. However, as the Sock disappeared, the Hole disappeared too.

through contrasts things are perceived - without a frame of reference there is nothing (or everything)

the contrasts are Sock-Hole and Sock-Outside World, the frame of reference of the Hole is the Sock (through the Sock the Hole is defined), the frames of reference of the Sock is the Hole and the Outside World (through the Hole and the Outside World the Sock is defined) - as the Hole grows too big it destroys the Sock and, hence, it's own frame of reference; this causes the Hole to become undefined; the Sock is also undefined now since the contrast Sock-Hole is gone; only the contrast Sock-Outside World remains, but this defines only a piece of textile :cool:

Dhatura said:
At the bottom of the wardrobe there had been living the Sock and the Hole, the Hole on the Sock, that is. One fine day the Hole said to the Sock, ”I’m much more beautiful than you.” So the Hole thought he should make himself bigger, and so he did. The Sock groaned but tried to fight, ”But I’ve got colours!” The Hole replied, ”Yeah, and you’re bloody dirty too. But I’m crystal clean.” So he thought he’d get to it and made himself bigger again. ”Heeey, stop it!” the Sock shouted, ”Your haughtiness is unbearable.” ”Oh, well, I’m better than you, I should be bigger than you” and the Hole made himself grow again. ”Oh, my goodness, stop it, can’t you see you’re killing me?” But the Hole was so big now that he couldn’t hear the Sock’s moan, and with an ultimate breath he became as big as the Sock himself. However, as the Sock disappeared, the Hole disappeared too.
You're using the wrong quotation marks at the beginning of each quote.

Strangelight said:
You're using the wrong quotation marks at the beginning of each quote.

Yeah, I know :cry: that's cause I wrote it up in Word first and then copypasted it, and in Word the quotation marks are Hungarian, look:

„Szentmihályon presszó lesz.”

So I had to use the end-quote. I'm szeriously szorry, whaz da moral of da sztori?

Alwin said:
the contrasts are Sock-Hole and Sock-Outside World, the frame of reference of the Hole is the Sock (through the Sock the Hole is defined), the frames of reference of the Sock is the Hole and the Outside World (through the Hole and the Outside World the Sock is defined) - as the Hole grows too big it destroys the Sock and, hence, it's own frame of reference; this causes the Hole to become undefined; the Sock is also undefined now since the contrast Sock-Hole is gone; only the contrast Sock-Outside World remains, but this defines only a piece of textile :cool:

Now that's more like it and you :D Though not even the contrast Sock-Outside World remains in the end, just a handful of dirty thread.

MetallicaSux said:
Looks like we are getting a lesson in English or as the japs would say "engarish" this afternoon.

Hunglish, sorry, that's its official name.

My friend had a performative joke about that, hehe, which I did understand, surprisingry.

A rolling stone gathers no moss..

A whole is a sum of it's parts....erm

Don't be a dummy, don't throw fireworks!!....

Clunk click every trip.....no

Sew your socks or they'll do one and no messing, proper sly socks are.

Su Jacko said:
A rolling stone gathers no moss..

A whole is a sum of it's parts....erm

Don't be a dummy, don't throw fireworks!!....

Clunk click every trip.....no

Sew your socks or they'll do one and no messing, proper sly socks are.
Or if you get a hole in one, you could use the third sock :tickled: :guh: