What's the scoop on Second Sky, Dan?

batmura said:
The Nightingale anniversary is out. Bloodbath did Wacken. So... ?

Can we expect the completion of the recordings for SS this year? I am psyched to say the least.

Last news was, that Vocals and Bass (?) are missing.
If it takes two more years, that would be ok for me. Most important thing is, that it satisfies Dan 101 %, and I guess it will do.

batmura said:
Didn't Dan at one point say Second Sky would be out in late 2005?

Or has he changed his mind to do a new Nightingale first?
If I remember right there were some things that needed to be redone (some of the lyrics rewritten, etc). But I agree with Unicorn. Although I'm really looking forward to its release, I also feel that it doesn't matter if it takes a long time to get it done. The important thing is that Dan is totally satisfied with it.

Am I the only one who's thinking that Second Sky is starting to be Dan's "Chinese Democracy"?
crap.gif

:lol: "Chinese Democracy"

nah, he's been saying 2006 for quite a while now. this is supposed to be his magnum opus, his masterpiece, and HOLY HELL am I excited for whenever it comes out! Album of the decade, hopefully!

Hey guys..You have to wait a little bit longer, I´m afraid. My life is a bit turbulent at the moment and I cannot be creative when I am nervous about the future. I might move to a new (and incredibly small) "flat" with a separate "studio" room. I will most likely quit my dayjob, but I haven´t decided how to do it. Normally I am the "clean-break" kind of guy, but sometimes it might be logical to "fade out" a little bit. So I might apply for half-time work and spend the new found freedom to mix, compose and travel...a while..and if I am lucky, I might get a year off, with the possiblity to come back if this lifestyle didn´t work out after all (never tried for more than a few months before I met my X 13 years ago!!) The Second Sky album....oh yes...I will try to have it out as soon as possible, without any compromises. I need everything to be perfect this time...sound, playing, cover..the works...not an easy process...but as soon as I get the divine inspiration back....gazaaammm.....we´re there and you have the album of the century in your CD player!!!!!!!!

Puss

Dan