What's the worst five Steel Prophet songs ever?

:yuk: A VERY bad outro :lol:

Hmmm... the first one that springs to mind in THAT BALLAD on "Beware" I cannot even utter the name :yell: I absolutely hate it, I cringe... I cry I SKIP

That's the only song that springs to mind....at the mo

:Smug: no one is gonna shout out a few songs? OK... Steve be brave and tell us your least fav?

Pabla said:
:Smug: no one is gonna shout out a few songs? OK... Steve be brave and tell us your least fav?

Well, look how brave I am, here they are!
1.Look What You've Done (hey, I didn't write it!)
2.Environmental Revolt (sounded good with Comatose, but not SP material)
3.Scarred For Life (boring!)
4.Locked Out (help meeeeee! that line gets on my nerves...)
5.Truth (too standard, ho hum...)

I like 'Oleander' is great way to finish the album, silly maybe but so what?

Bad SP songs, that exist? That goes on my nerves, hmmm, maybe a bit:

'Reign Of Christ' (most of the debut pitch vocals but especially this one)
'Idols' (boring)
'Scarred For Life' (ending is boooooring)
'07/03/47'(beginning is too hysterical)
'Shattered Apart' (first third is kind of boring)
'Angels' (also slow moving)

Wyvern said:
I like 'Oleander' is great way to finish the album, silly maybe but so what?

Bad SP songs, that exist? That goes on my nerves, hmmm, maybe a bit:

'Reign Of Christ' (most of the debut pitch vocals but especially this one)
'Idols' (boring)
'Scarred For Life' (ending is boooooring)
'07/03/47'(beginning is too hysterical)
'Shattered Apart' (first third is kind of boring)
'Angels' (also slow moving)

You know you just reminded me of one more I really hate; "Idols". That is just sooooo boring...

stevekachinsky said:
You know you just reminded me of one more I really hate; "Idols". That is just sooooo boring...

Shame because the rest of the album shines like polished platinum ;)

spdaughter35 said:
I'd have to say Leatherette. LOL JUST KIDDING! I don't really like 07/03/47...it's really for inexplicable reasons...it just bugs. Umm...I don't know which other ones...well, Oleander. I never really liked it. Sorry! :erk:
Christine, I don't even know why, but you just made me laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too funny.

OK, seriously people, have you listened to the lyrics in "Transfusion Vamp" That is just ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, Antonio is a cool guy. I've had the pleasure of working with him, but come on people... I could name a few more but that would be kicking a dead horse. You all know what I mean...

And I gotta say, and I have a feeling that some people will disagree with me, but what was with the cover of "Don't you forget about Me" on Genesis? I actually like the song, but the cover just seemed to fall short. Not metal enough for a cover.

That's all I got. I actually don't know enough SP songs to make five bad ones.. Isn't that cool..?

Well the lyrics may suck, but you can't deny 'Transfussion Vamp' is a killer tune...well it is for me...ok don't bite me! :p

You're right Wyvern, the music is killer. We really dug playing that tune. It has a chunky straight-ahead pounding rhythm. Plus I changed the drum part in the beginning to really make it rock. But the lyrics were lame.

Well, look how brave I am, here they are!
1.Look What You've Done (hey, I didn't write it!)
2.Environmental Revolt (sounded good with Comatose, but not SP material)
3.Scarred For Life (boring!)
4.Locked Out (help meeeeee! that line gets on my nerves...)
5.Truth (too standard, ho hum...)

I was just talking with a friend of my about music, like in each band there must be a song that you don't like, despite it's your favorite band or so.. and I noticed that it's different in my case! The fact is that I like all Fates songs and most of them I love.. and same is with Steel Prophet. Hmm.. there is only one song that I am not sure about, like some ''details'' and it's ''Phobia''. It have strong and powerful start and all is perfect, but I think drums could be ''better'' on the instrumental part. This is one of the songs where drums could be played pretty extreme way, like to add some extra dimension there, more proggier drums I mean. Wasn't the drummer swedish guy who played in black or death metal band as well? I think he could have done better on this song. On all the other tracks he played brilliantly, but on this song he gets extremely boring for me!:D

Locked out is awesome song for me hehh. Idols is also great song for me! It have great lyrics, vocals, solo and riffs. Once again I would say something about drums,, Parada was drummer right? The guy sounds great on Engine albums, his style is for more slow.. like ''passive/unactive'' feeling somehow, so this element brings something like ''wide adience friendly'' feeling to the sound. Some songs he played perfectly but most of the songs could kick better with more agressive drummer. And it seems that the band felt so too, becouse on the next album when Pat stepped in, the drums were perfect.
I always thought that John Torascio would have done great drums for this album as well.

So all in all, there is no bad songs from SP. I even agree that beware have great music there, but the fact that Rick didn't sing there and some other details like lyrics.. maybe most people feel that it was ''different band''.

You're right Wyvern, the music is killer. We really dug playing that tune. It has a chunky straight-ahead pounding rhythm. Plus I changed the drum part in the beginning to really make it rock. But the lyrics were lame.

Oh yes, I already talked alot about drums and drummers on other albums, but I can't wait to hear Gene's drumming with the next SP album. I listened some of your's previous bands and my expectations are high!:D ''Transfusionvamp'' song mysically is killer yeah, but lyrics are just like you said..

Thanks for the comments about no really bad tunes. But, Gene is not the drummer on most of the new album. We got a new guy named Jimmy. I think Vince sacked Gene after our Swordbrothers festival in 2008. I think a couple tracks that were recorded prior to that will have Gene, although those *may* be re recorded.

Thanks for the comments about no really bad tunes. But, Gene is not the drummer on most of the new album. We got a new guy named Jimmy. I think Vince sacked Gene after our Swordbrothers festival in 2008. I think a couple tracks that were recorded prior to that will have Gene, although those *may* be re recorded.

Hey Steve the wait is killing us, give more details about the band and the recordings.

We're gonna record 14 songs that we have music written for. I've got some very musical guitar ideas that will make for a mini guitar army/orchestra. Lyrics are coming along; I've got 5 songs written so far and Rick has one or two written. My subject matter is very left/green/anti music business/anti commercial music. When I say commercial music, I mean any music that is for sale, whether it is metal/underground/pop... It's not obvious what I'm talking about with the lyrics, but if you know what the themes are, it becomes obvious... I don't know when it's gonna be all recorded and finished to be honest, but I hope soon.