What's wrong with saying...

infoterror

Apr 17, 2005
1. Jewish culture and values are different enough from my own that I don't want to force them to coexist.

2. All other races would make poor breeding partners for my people, as it would cause us as a unique population to cease to exist.

3. The pursuit of money and power replaces culture and values systems, thus we should cultivate culture before we worry about developing our economy.

4. People are of different levels of quality, and we should breed them toward the highest level possible.

5. Some have better judgment skills than others, thus they should rule.

None of these are accepted among the mainstream, yet each makes plenty of sense. Why is our society illogical?

(A friend wrote this, and I agree with it. Why are these things "wrong"?)

1. Could you clarify this one a bit more? Are you saying that:
You dont want Jewish culture and values and your culture and values to coexist?
Or Jewish culture and values to coexist? etc? Please clarify.

2. An absolutely racist remark, purely disgusting and extreme far-right. There should no such thing as "my race". Segragation and seperatism in their various forms cause many instances of violence and death. People need to accept, admire and share each others differences to raise the level of all. Equality, not class division!

3. Very interesting point and for me personally, a hard one to find where to site, as I feel on an idealistic level that culture should come first, but the realistic side of me cries "in our modern day society, no ecomomy=no culture to be able to cultivate!"

4. Refer to 2.

5. At first glance, I thought of words such as "elitism, dictatorships", things on that line. This is a tough one to respond to. Still thinking on it.

People think in black, grey and white, unlike machines where we have binary styled thinking of true/false, on/off. The emotion, morals, hesitance, apprehension and many other "human" traits create the area of grey and thus disturb the balance of pure logic.

Realistic and idealistic approaches have their pluses and minuses. I don't feel that either one can gain control over the other, especially now that moral systems in society have evolved so much in the last two hundred or so years and provide so many guidelines for living on a day to day basis.

An equilibrium has been reached for some time with these two strains of thinking, I dont see it changing any time soon, at least, not in our lifetime. Thus, "Why is our society illogical?" could also be blended with "Why is our society immoral". What is illogical to one, may be completely logical to another, but both may be influenced by moral systems to determine how absolute the other persons logic is.

1, 2, and 4 seem to me a reflection of your preoccupation with eugenics and racial superiority, with your own race being the one you view as superior.

3 I would agree with, but I believe it is hard to preserve/foster culture without at least some financial resources.

I would agree with 5 as you have worded it there. My question is what factors you would use in your determination of what constitutes "better judgment skills," and if race is one of them I would then have to disagree.

An absolutely racist remark, purely disgusting and extreme far-right. There should no such thing as "my race". Segragation and seperatism in their various forms cause many instances of violence and death. People need to accept, admire and share each others differences to raise the level of all. Equality, not class division!

There is such a thing as "my race" which refers not only to a skin color, but an ethnicity. You might as well say that there should be no such thing as a family. You're being ridiculous.

Attempts at cultural integration are responsible for great social dissension. Segregation presupposes this problem and is, as such, a method of dealing with it as opposed to a new difficulty it its own right.

I am highly aware of ethnicity thankyou, given I am of ethnic origin.

That was a really poor attempt at responding to what I wrote. I'm hardly being ridiculous, rather that I'm displaying my lack of fear in regards to multiculturalism, as opposed to you displaying how much fear you really harbour about it.

Multiculturalism is the future, get used to it becasuse it's not going to stop anytime soon.

That was a really poor attempt at responding to what I wrote.

False, your response to me is the lousy one. What have you offered me other than "we are fated to suffer ignobly, so lets just go with the flow, ok?"

Lets have a look at one of my comments and your response.

Demiurge said:
There is such a thing as "my race" which refers not only to a skin color, but an ethnicity. You might as well say that there should be no such thing as a family. You're being ridiculous.

Here I am merely pointing out that we differentiate ourselves based on sameness and dissimilarity. Family, for instance, is very close. Ethnicity, of course, is less close, but still more similar than a person in Mongolia. You'll notice this at play in humanity as a whole. We don't apply the same ethical standard to our dealings with a cat as with another human. To say there should be no race is as ridiculous as saying there should be no family. Did you address this? No, you did not. Your responses are devoid of content and function only as lame attempts to save face.

Suffer? Since when was multiculturalism a form of suffering, let alone a negative situation?

Despite your long mundane sentences filled with nothing but nitpicking other peoples comments apart instead of actually offering your own opinion to the topic itself (which you never seem to do I have noticed), you have completely misinterpreted what I wrote regarding "no race", taking it literally rather than metaphorically, therefore your comment regarding "no family" is simply your reaction without reading properly.

My comment regarding "no race" refers to my belief that there should not be an issue of segragation of races at all, or one race vs another race, there should be acceptance. The sentence following the phrase in question explains my use of "no race" clearly. READ IT AGAIN! Despite your studies it seems you haven't developed any skills in interpretation! How old are you? Still 20?

Demiurge said:
Here I am merely pointing out that we differentiate ourselves based on sameness and dissimilarity.

As usual your posts point out nothing other than your obsession to prove everyone wrong as opposed to adding something interesting to a conversation.

Take your boring observations and nitpicking skills to another thread, your stupidity only shines like a lightbulb surrounded by flies.

The Hubster said:
There should no such thing as "my race". Segragation and seperatism in their various forms cause many instances of violence and death.

People think in black, grey and white, unlike machines where we have binary styled thinking of true/false, on/off.

You're not thinking in grey above. You are thinking in terms of moral mandates that may have little to do with reality. In fact, the fact that races exist suggest they have nothing to do with reality.

The Hubster said:
Multiculturalism is the future, get used to it becasuse it's not going to stop anytime soon.

Now that is an unconvincing "argument."

"Give up now, because it's the way things are."

Suffer? Since when was multiculturalism a form of suffering, let alone a negative situation?

For quite some time now.

Despite your long mundane sentences filled with nothing but nitpicking other peoples comments apart instead of actually offering your own opinion to the topic itself

I'm beginning to think you'd like this forum better if you were the only member. Realize that when you offer your thoughts they become a part of the topic and are fair game for response. By posting here, you are implicitly asking me to correspond with you if I have something to add or correct.

you have completely misinterpreted what I wrote regarding "no race", taking it literally rather than metaphorically, therefore your comment regarding "no family" is simply your reaction without reading properly.

Evidently, you think I'm discussing race anthropologically or some such thing. Well, you're mistaken.

My comment regarding "no race" refers to my belief that there should not be an issue of segragation of races at all, or one race vs another race, there should be acceptance.

Once again, if I am correct that we differentiate ourselves based on degree of sameness and this defines how we relate to other beings, then your commentary makes little sense.

I also must repeat that segregation is a way of dealing with cultural dissension. It is merely a symptom.

As usual your posts point out nothing other than your obsession to prove everyone wrong as opposed to adding something interesting to a conversation.

You seem to make this accusation against everyone you don't like. I have no such obsession. I coexist peacefully with quite a few posters. I think you try to prove everyone wrong. You're trying to prove Prozak and myself wrong here. You tried to prove me wrong in the arranged marriage topic. Do you see how stupid this is? This is a discussion forum. There will be debates. If you're going to cry like a pansy about people being obsessed with proving you wrong, I suggest you leave. Stop whining, it's embarrassing.

What a waste of typing.

As per my post above, you still havent added anything useful into the topic, as I've noticed in other threads. As usual, you concentrate on dissecting what other people say rather than share your opinions on the topic itself.

Well? Offer your opinion, if you actually have one.

Go away, Hubster. You are unable to stay on topic and incapable of realizing that I am constantly offering opinions. You're also a paranoid whiner. If anyone should be banned, it is you.

Mormagil said:
You wouldn't tell a man whose house is on fire to "embrace change".

HEHEHEEE, that's a classic!

Demiurge said:
Go away, Hubster. You are unable to stay on topic and incapable of realizing that I am constantly offering opinions. You're also a paranoid whiner. If anyone should be banned, it is you.

I strayed off-topic when I started getting abuse from you guys for merely adding to the conversation.

Well, the funny thing is, you've just proven my point - it seems you don't have anything to add to this actual topic after all. Now you can go and troll another thread.

I've already added to this topic. You discussed the initial post, I've discussed yours. This is the last time I am going to tell you this.

Like I said, you're paranoid. I thought portions of your post were foolish and I told you this. Due to this, you think you're being abused.

Demiurge said:

But if you ban Hubster, who will you have to argue with?

The Hubster said:
Actually, it's more about embracing change.

You said multiculturalism was the status quo, and we should get used to it, and now you claim it's about embracing change?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA