Whats Your All Time Favourite Maiden Song and Why??

Morticia

Witchy Woman
May 31, 2001
West Auckland, NZ
Visit site
Everyone likes certain songs for reasons such as reminding us of times in our life when things were good or when music helped us through rough patches...heres my favourites.....

Can I play with Madness? (reasons unknown - maybe cos I am slightly mad?)
Die with your boots on - Piece of Mind is my first Maiden Album and all the songs have special meaning to me as I was a confused teenager at the time and listened to the songs over and over which made perfect sense to me at the time.
Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter - This song was played at our Wedding Reception when we walked in..... the perfect wedding song for us as we were married in a cemetary........
Our first dance was to Alice Cooper's "You and Me".
Perfect day, awesome music, and who cares who took offence to any of it......the day reflected who we are and what we love.

I particularly love song which accentuate Bruce's voice - he is an unreal singer, I hope he never stops!!!!!!!!:headbang:

Fuck me dead, it's Morticia! I wondered what had happened to you!

Anyway, my answer is Wasted Years, because it rules, and reminds me of an awesome Dungeon/VP/others gig in Melbourne. And also because I managed to play it to one of my classes in Indonesia.

KoichCPA said:
Surprise surprise.

2am - Very personal, something Maiden don't do often but brilliant when they do.
Rime Of The Ancient Mariner - EPIC
Wasted Years - no explanation needed here
Only The Good Die Young - Awesome atmosphere, not a classic, just a personal favourite.
Aces High - this song is Maiden defined.

And Paschendale is working its way into my favs as well, but I won't put it in just yet, as it is still fairly new.

Honerable mentions to:

Hallowed Be Thy Name
Phantom Of The Opera
Como Estais Amigos
Mother Russia
Wasting Love
Powerslave
Purgatory
De Ja Vu
Revelations
...the list goes on...

Rime, Paschendale, Sign of the Cross - all because of the epicness of them. And I like 2AM cause its good. I wanna get Die with your Boots on played when I die, cause im so metal it hurts :headbang:

Phantom of the Opera - It's just unbelievably cool. Unbelievably cool.

The Clansman - After hearing it from Rock in Rio with the crowd singing along, it's amazing.

Hallowed be thy Name - Just because it's Hallowed be thy Name.

Flight Of Icarus - THE CHORUS!
Children Of The Damned - Great vocals, great hooks, great atmosphere..
Wasted Years - the chorus
Can I Play With Madness - the chorus