What's your favorite disc from your CD haul at ProgPower 3.0

zinescene

Feb 11, 2002
Michigan
www.myspace.com
I know some may not have listened to all the CD's you picked up but I'm curious to know what everyone's favorite CD's were they got at ProgPower this year. I think the two that have been getting the most play in my CD player are:

Nightmare-Cosmovision Great Melodic Power Metal that reminds me of Rhapsody.

Stratovarius-Infinite really catchy power metal. I really like this one a lot.

By the same token, two that I'm most dispointed in are Orphanage-Inside and Dismal Euphony-Python Zero. I had By Time Alone from Orphanage and that was an incredible release that combined death, gothic metal with Middle eastern sounds. I really loved All Little Devils from D.E. and Python Zero wasn't even in the same class.

John
http://www.geocities.com/zinescene.geo
zinescene@hotmail.com

I was buying mostly older CDs, and i think of the ones i got, Arcturus's La Masquerade Infernale has to be the best. (though I haven't listened to Spastic Ink or Watchtower yet)

Ryan

So far, with about half of the CDs listened to once, I'd have to say Sym X 'The Odyssey' or Threshold's 'Critical Mass'. I just can't get "Phenomenon" out of my head!

Steve

My favorite discs from my haul would have to be:

Elvenking - Heathenreel
maudlin of the Well - Bath/Leaving Your Body Map
Zero Hour / Towers of Avarice

Honourable mention goes to Time Requiem and new Luca Turilli.

Loser disc of the lot goes to Dionysus, an utter waste of time.

-Darrin

Didn't by that many disks, just
Sirenia - At Sixes and Sevens
Threshold - Critical Mass (replacement for the one I left on a train)
Symphony X - The Odyssey and
Porcupine Tree - In Absentia

so far the clear winner is Symphony X - The Odyssey

Originally posted by zinescene
Don't say that, I bought it and haven't listened to it all the way through yet:(

Sorry man, you might just like it but I found it to be very very typical power metal and it did nothing for me, despite Olaf's great vocals. Sigh. I hope you got Time Requiem - that might cushion the blow a bit. :)

BG - Forgotten Tales
Magistral -I AM (ya they f*ckin rock and I will shamelessly promote my friends!!)
Vanden Plas - The God Thing
Shaman - Ritual
P.O.S. - Entropia