What's your favorite sounding album?

One that comes to mind would be Genesis by Job for a Cowboy.

For some reason I've had hard time finding REALLY GOOD sounding metal albums recently. When I'm listening with the production in mind, nothing really seems to hit me as amazing.

10913.jpg

demanufacture.jpg

Testament%20-%20The%20Gathering%20remastered%20-%20CD.jpg

Ahhh.... Testament - The gathering.. That thing makes my taint moist!
Then probably Trivium - Ascendancy
And most recently Soilwork - The Panic Broadcast I'm currently having wild jizzgasms everytime I listen to this

Metallica Load/reload/garage inc era.

Nothing has ever come closed to those ROCK mixes

+100000

as far as ROCK goes, these are the kings. nothing has ever or maybe ever will sound as good from the tracking to the production to the mix and master. pure joy to listen to these records. it's pretty much engineering perfection if you ask me, if such a thing exists.

Hehe, these threads are interesting. You can see immediately what sort of aesthetics everyone prefers. While I believe I've never heard a metal or rock mix that compares with the better soundtrack/electro ones, I can definitely see why people are making some of these choices.

Hehe, these threads are interesting. You can see immediately what sort of aesthetics everyone prefers. While I believe I've never heard a metal or rock mix that compares with the better soundtrack/electro ones, I can definitely see why people are making some of these choices.

oh not including metal? all of skrillex's new shit fucking blows my mind, and anything hans zimmer or christopher young touches is gold.

I don't think I have a "favorite" thing in this mixing stuff anymore, as favo snare, guitarsound or whatever, but if it had to be then I guess it's pretty sneapish:

Testament - Fomation of Damnation
Arch Enemy - Doomsday Machine
Devildriver - Last Kind Words

Coheed and Cabria mixes sound pretty perfect for the music for me too

funny how i also liked Doomsday machine, stabbing the drama and Riders of the plague... until i just hated downtuned guitars all of a sudden. they are thin and blurry with no snap. but it might change one day again, we all know how it works ;)

Just top of my head

Pagan's Mind - Engimatic: Calling
Paramore - Riot!
Tool - 10,000 Days
Scar Symmetry - Holographic Universe
Alter Bridge - Blackbird
Stealing Axion - Stealing Axion EP
Lamb of God - Sacrament
Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance
Coldplay - Viva La Vida
Breaking Benjamin - Phobia
Adagio - Underworld
Dream Theater - Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence

Lots!
Hadi

^

Six degrees of inner Turbulence is one of my favorites to. Must be analogue all the way through. Just listen to that smooth treble and how everything is so nicely glued together.