Votes: 31 20.1%
  • Blackwater Park

Votes: 37 24.0%
  • Deliverance

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Damnation

Votes: 7 4.5%

• Total voters
I change my vote ( if it's possible ) , So 1 less for Morningrise , and 1 more for MAYH :)

Hmm BWP doesn't do too much for me compared to the other ones. Don't get me wrong songs like Lepers Affinity, BWP and Funeral Portrait are brilliant. But Drapery Falls and Drige... both have so much filler in them, just to buffer the beutiful clean parts.

Personaly I voted for Morningrise, but I like many others here have felt a strong uprising from MAYH who recently moved from #3 to a tie at #2 with Still Life.

Poor D1 and D2!!!!!! Only 7 votes together!!!!!!!!!!!! I fell really sorry for the band... They almost killed themselves this time (just read the studio footage in the official site, it's depressing!!) to make two albums that will never be among their favorites!
This is specially true with Deliverance, probably the most ordinary and useless of their discography because it didn't bring ANYTHING new.
Damnation. Most fans love it, but it's unfair to rate it as their best, because it's NOT the band's unique style. Rating D2 their best is a disrespect for the band's entire career! Even though I adore it, as most TRUE fans here.

Sengir*Buendia said:
Damnation. Most fans love it, but it's unfair to rate it as their best, because it's NOT the band's unique style. Rating D2 their best is a disrespect for the band's entire career! Even though I adore it, as most TRUE fans here.

Great point!! That's exactly the point I was trying to make with my previous posts (esp the "anyone who votes for Damnation doesn't belong on this board" comment). Even though I don't enjoy the cd, I can appreciate the work that went into, and I support Opeth's work because I respect the band. But, in your words, its a disrespect to the bands entire output to call this their best, most representative work.

Deliverance didn't bring anything new at all to the table, it was more like a combination of a lot of their elements. And overall I did love it, it's definitely at the top, but the same goes for D1 as what you said goes for D2. Yes, it was a good CD, but since nothing really special happened in it, voting for it is a disgrace. Well not a disgrace. But still bad. :tickled:

Blackwater Park definately........ and people.... STOP acting so surprised that its winning. You know, it is a matter of opinion and just because you think that MAYH is the best that does not mean that it is the best in everyone's eyes. Personally, MAYH is my least favorite, but im not going around acting all shocked and baffled as to why everyone likes it.

I voted for Morningrise. Its more than an album, its an experience.

Then it goes:

2) Deliverance
3) Still Life
4) Blackwater Park
5) Orchid
6) Damnation
7) MAYH

Orchid.

and people need to shut up over why some like this album and those hate the other, its all a matter of opinion, its all Opeth, its all beautiful.

My Arms, Your Hearse
headbob.gif

I love BWP, MAYH, Still Life and Deliv equally they are all my favourites and I think of morningrise and orchid below them, probably because of the trash production or the horserace picking.