When did Satyricon go wrong?

Worst full-length album? When did Satyricon jump the shark?

• The Shadowthrone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nemesis Divina

• Volcano

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Terrorize has a great issue devoted strictly to post-BM. Mysticum is obviously one of their recommendations. But they also cover bands like Xasthur, Anaal Nathrakh, and so on. The whole post-BM thing is kind of confusing, but there are certain groups that just don't belong in any other genre.

So, Erik, are you saying Mysticum is definitely worth my money?

SATYRICON, BLEEDING THROUGH, TOXIC HOLOCAUST and CHTHONIC will team up for a North American tour in the fall. Confirmed dates so far are as follows:

Sep. 25 - Baltimore, MD - Sonar
Sep. 26 - Norfolk, VA- Norva
Sep. 28 - Atlanta, GA - The Masquerade
Sep. 29 - Orlando, FL - The Club
Oct. 01 - Houston, TX - Warehouse Live
Oct. 02 - Dallas, TX - The Door
Oct. 03 - San Antonio, TX - White Rabbit
Oct. 05 - Albuquerque, NM - Sunshine Theater
Oct. 06 - Tempe, AZ - Marquee Theater
Oct. 07 - Pomona, CA - Glasshouse
Oct. 08 - West Hollywood, CA - Key Club
Oct. 10 - San Francisco, CA - Slim's
Oct. 12 - Portland, OR - Hawthorne Theater
Oct. 13 - Seattle, WA - El Corazon
Oct. 14 - Vancouver, British Columbia - Rickshaw Theater
Oct. 16 - Salt Lake City, UT- Club Sound
Oct. 17 - Englewood, CO - Gothic Theater
Oct. 19 - Mokena, IL - The Pearl Room
Oct. 20 - Cleveland, OH - Peabody's
Oct. 21 - Toronto, Ontario - Opera House
Oct. 23 - Worcester, MA - The Palladium
Oct. 24 - Philadelphia, PA - Trocadero
Oct. 25 - New York, NY - The Fillmore @ Irving
Oct. 27 - Montreal, Quebec - Club Soda
BLEEDING THROUGH, TOXIC HOLOCAUST

I can kinda understand Chthonic... but DA FUCK. I wouldn't mind seeing Satyricon (from the looks of their last few tours setlists, it's alright), but theres no way I'm going to put up with a horrible retro-thrash outift and a fucking screamo group to do it. Just DA FUCK?!

I can kinda understand Chthonic... but DA FUCK. I wouldn't mind seeing Satyricon (from the looks of their last few tours setlists, it's alright), but theres no way I'm going to put up with a horrible retro-thrash outift and a fucking screamo group to do it. Just DA FUCK?!

I do not understand your amazement that two mega-popular bands would go on tour together? Well, three megapop-bands I guess.

i remember when toxic holocausts first album came out and everyone was like fuck yeah this rules true underground feeling and now everyones like boo hoo

also i must have been a stupid dumby in 2006 because "now diabolical" is a very good album

still not sure about rebel extravaganza and volcano

Satyricon at The Door? I thought that was a Christian club. *researches*

Hmm, seems they're less Jesusy now and let anyone play there. But still Jesusy! I want to go to this.

i remember when toxic holocausts first album came out and everyone was like fuck yeah this rules true underground feeling and now everyones like boo hoo

thats what I've been sitting here wondering as well? Did they/he/whatever do a wolves in the throne room interview crap or is the market just oversatured with new-wave-retrothrashwtffuckshitz?

I still think it rocks, and I saw two kool music videos just the other day that I thought were kool, but the albums after END are pretty unnecessary because it's more of the same except a bit less good than Evil Never Dies (and with horrible distortion on the vocals). When will the Witches Brew-version of Evil Never Dies eGay for $100? And the die-hard LP?

I've never given latter-day Satyricon an honest chance and I doubt that I will anytime soon.

Satyricon at The Door? I thought that was a Christian club. *researches*

Hmm, seems they're less Jesusy now and let anyone play there. But still Jesusy! I want to go to this.

They'll let whoever play just so long as there's no cursing. :cry:

...seriously, they pull the chord and ban you if you do.

Evil Never Dies is as good as it ever was. The Death Master 7" is probably my favorite though. Hell on Earth was already starting to wear thin on me. I enjoyed it, but I have no urge to listen to it any more. I've only heard a few songs from the newest album and really feel no desire to buy it. The band is a one-trick pony and have already shot their load. That said, I would still definitely go to see them.

what did you expect (honest question here)

Some reasonable opening material? Surely there was some other bands available that at least fit with the opening band...

I do not understand your amazement that two mega-popular bands would go on tour together? Well, three megapop-bands I guess.

You know... maybe you're right. But it still irks me that it wasn't that long ago I could see a band like a Satyricon or a Mayhem headlining and not have retrothrashscreamo fest 12 as the opening. After all the local bands have signed up. Ugh.
Not to mention the club of choice in Salt lake... This thing is a fucking kitchen size place right in straightedge territory (next to a major shopping mall with a hot topic). Roundhouse kicks to the face and ninja tactics guaranteed.

Matt (Demilich) and I, saw them with CoF (BRING ON THE FLAMES; I dragged him to that concert) and Septicflesh in January; "Mother North" was the only part of the setlist that did not suck. Really sad considering it was Satyricon's first time coming back here after that incident a few years ago, when some lying bitch accused them of drugging and raping her in their tour bus

Yeah, during their set I was trying to convince myself it wasn't terrible, but it really was

Satyr looked like a prissy rock star bitch and the new songs are so shamelessly poppy and devoid of passion... fucking pathetic

no one can say newer satyricon is passionless if theyve heard to the mountains