when did this come out?! Mark V: 25

Price?

Are those cabinets in the pictures on the front page single speaker? Would I be wasting my time if I tried to mic one of them up (noting most IRs are based on quad boxes).

Has the built in Cab Clone too which is a DI out and load box for the head. Pretty legit. My only concern is the EL-84 sound for thick metal tones. Prob over analyzing that aspect. Just need to play it!

Wookieslayer you were right, load box is on board.
I somehow was hoping that speaker switch would disable the cab sim on the XLR out so to have just the pre- and power amp output, as option to process that signal afterwards :) THAT would be hell of a feature

Is this really 1300$ in the US? It's listed 1750€ over here... That's ridiculous

That's got to be MSRP and not street price. I don't know why they'd make a stripped down version of the Mark V and charge almost the same for it??

It's about half the price of a regular V. Pretty sure the MSRP on the V is around $2,200.

With the exchange rate, 1750 over there is about as much as we pay for a full Mark V in the states. wtf. Does Mesa just RAPE their international buyers for fun? If we pay $1300 shouldn't you boys be payin LESS???

With the exchange rate, 1750 over there is about as much as we pay for a full Mark V in the states. wtf. Does Mesa just RAPE their international buyers for fun? If we pay $1300 shouldn't you boys be payin LESS???

Yeah they do and have always done. Mesa has always been crazy expensive in EU

1750 euros = $2218 right now. Holy fuck why would they charge $1,000 more in europe? what do they have to do to them? Either they just hate you guys or they have to change some stuff on top of the extra shipping. Sorry friends.

That's got to be MSRP and not street price. I don't know why they'd make a stripped down version of the Mark V and charge almost the same for it??

I work at an independent mom & pop music store and we carry Mesa, which is the only reason I know this.

Mesa is one of the only companies I know of that has what's called a "Pro Net" which means MSRP is what they sell for; anywhere, at least they should if you are buying new from an authorized dealer. As opposed to MSRP being way over the usual 'selling' price depending on where you go and what kind of profit the store is looking to make on it.

Going ANY lower than that and Mesa will yank the line from your store. Same goes for online, which is why a lot of people don't really 'shop' around looking for a good new Mesa price. It's good and bad at the same time, IMO. Levels the playing field but sticks the salesman (me) with no room to give someone a discount!

Only exception is if the product is discontinued....

Totally looking forward to trying this mini head. We should have one in this week. The Mini-Rec is brutal as fuck so I expect nothing less from this bad boy!

EL84's scared me too at first; but we put the mini-rec a/b to a new Dual Recto and it's just as brutal sounding. Different though, kind of how various rev's of the Recto's all sound different.