When music makes you fucking lose your mind

Ecstatic Youth

...playing with fire
How many times, when, and what music has ever made you just fucking freak out because it was just so damn good...like you could never possibly say enough about how fucking brilliant it was. I'm talking the shit that you could never ever imagine getting sick of no matter HOW far away you stray from that style of music.
My list looks something like this:

Vital Remains- Dechristianize- It blows my fucking mind every time I hear it...and I don't imgaione it will ever not blow my mind.

Nevermore- The Learning- Well, I think this one is pretty self-explanatory as I suspect this will be on some of your lists. The thing is though, this song never really clicked until a while after I had PoE. Weird.

Pink Floyd- High Hopes- The first time I heard this I loved it. And it has really strong sentimental value too, so thats more reason for me to love this song so much.

The Mars Volta- Roulette Dares(The Haunt Of)- Uhh....another one of those songs that just clicked with me so viciously I couldn't shut up about. Brilliant prg sexiness.

That's all fo rnow I suppose.

hmmm heres what i could think of

Into Eternity-Spiraling Into Depression (oddly, this song pumps me up)
Vehemence-She Never Noticed Me, God Was Created
Opeth-Deliverance, The Drapery Falls, The Moor
Symphony X-The Odyssey
Nevermore-River Dragon, Death of Passion

Agalloch-In the Shadow of Our Pale Companion
Nevermore-The Learning
Jeff Buckley-Hallelujah
Stevie Ray Vaughan-Texas Flood
The Tea Party-Psychopomp
Devin Townsend-Bastard
Opeth-The Drapery Falls
Porcupine Tree-Heartattack in a Lay By
Iced Earth-Dante's Inferno
Green Carnation-Light of Day, Day of Darkness
Lake of Tears-Path of the Gods
Blind Guardian-Time Stands Still

There's a lot more.

lots of times but a top 10 moment will be
listening to Queensryche's Operation Mindcrime , especially "The Mission" and "Suite Sister Mary" , just couldnt stand the perfection of that songs
listening the melody on the second half of Psychotic Waltz's "Into The Everflow".
Melting "Forever" of Nev.
"The Ivory Gate Of Dreams" - Fates Warning
Listening to that heavenly vocals of "Alone" - Arcturus (and generally Arcturus)
trying to figure out how Leif Edling composed "A Sorcerer's Pledge"
first listening session of "2112" .. by the best band ever.
"Gloves Of Metal" - Manowar , and the outstanding vocals oF Eric Adams
listening the orgasmic presentation of a pagan feast musical ceremony in "Phallus Dei" - Amon Duul II
and last but not least - GODSPEED YOU BLACK EMPEROR (the greatest non metal band of the last 20 years)

Morbid Angel - Where the Slime Live, Secured Limitations, Invocation to The Continual One

Iced Earth - Gettysburg, Dante's Inferno, Something Wicked Trilogy, all of Night of The Stormrider

Death - Perennial Quest, Sacred Serenity, Voice of The Soul

Opeth - Blackwater Park (the song), Master's Apprentices, By the Pain I See In Others,

Nile - hmm...I can't really decide with them, everything they've put out totally blows me away.

In the middle of the night last night I headbanged to "Lunatic Asylum" by Annihilator. I find that weird because I hardly ever headbang.

Annihilator \m/

Slayer- seasons in the abyss, Angel of Death, War Ensemble
Opeth- Advent, Black Rose Immortal, Black water park,Serenity Painted Death, MAYH
Nevermore- 42147, The Learning, all of Dreaming Neon Black ( I just have to say,that album was put together perfectly, I cant start the first track without listening to them all, the same goes for Opeths MAYH)
Demons & wizards- Fiddler on the green
Kovenant- The Sulphur Feast, chariots of thunder
Stabbing Westward- Sleep (makes me wanna kill child molesters)
Strapping Yound Lad- oh my fucking God

i love so many things and so many albums and srtists can make me lose my mind....

its hard to answer that right now...

im playing Orphaned Land - Mabool right now, and this album NOW makes me lose my mind complitely, what a master piece!!!!!!!!!!

:headbang:

Dead_Lioness said:
i love so many things and so many albums and srtists can make me lose my mind....

its hard to answer that right now...

im playing Orphaned Land - Mabool right now, and this album NOW makes me lose my mind complitely, what a master piece!!!!!!!!!!

:headbang:
!!! how could i forget?

nevermore- all of PoE, but esp this sacrament
kiss- black diamond, forever, i will be there, parasite
prong- cleansing. whole album.
the forsaken- manifest of hate. whole album
vast- VAST. whole album
witchery- the devil and the damage done

hmmmm...

Nevermore songs: River Dragon, Poison Godmachine, Who Decides, Politics of Ecstasy
Anathema(a diff sense, i never get tired of it, doesn't get me all mad and shit): One Last Goodbye
Vital Remains- Dechristianize (the cd) it never gets boring at all
Dark Tranquillity- Lethe, and all of Projector

hmmm... i guess that's it... for now that's all i can think of