When The Eagle Cries video

somnium_in_tenebris said:
Give us a break for fuck's sake!Iced Earth my ass:Smug: There's nothing more than nationalistic propaganda for no-lives people.The crowd still praises this band in Greece,but most of em are 14year olds...until they realise these people are only volunteers of the American Empire...

Barlow leaving the band to become a cop(!!)and Schaffer being inspired by 11th September were some of the most ridiculous things i have ever read...Most Americans still live in the secure glass house,relishing in fairytales,in their well-designed dreamworld("american dream").I dont think they will ever wake up.mind control is too strong in our days...

I could understand an anti-war manifest(talking about songs),but this fucking American righteousness("we are the hurt Saviours of the world")makes my nose bleed:Smug:

im sure all of yous heavy Iced Earth-ians think im talking shit,but,yeah...whatever...it would be way too optimistic an expectation that someone could see beyond his fanboy attitude(------>"Don't dare to insult our Gooooods!")

Your view of america is false.

If you really think america is like what you just posted, despite what "fairy tales" you may hear from wherever you are from. Its not like that here at all. Sure you got a few over protective soccer moms who shelter their kids thats about it.

If you really think I or anybody else for that matter, sits around in a glass house all day dreaming of a perfect world. Then whatever mind control your peers or country has over you must be pretty damn strong proving another foolish statement false. I invite you to come and live a year here. I guarantee you, you won't want to go back. Why don't you learn what an open mind is next time, and find some facts out yourself before you take everything told to you as it is.

Also you have no right for making fun of Schaffer for being inspired to write a song about 9/11. Hes very patriotic, hes not doing this just for shits and grins. As a song writer hes going to let his feelings out in a song over it, its his way of getting it all out. Some people still have not recovered fully from that day, it woke lots of people up, and for the good too. Oh and by the way last time I checked a live video of Iced Earth from Greek it looked like more than 14 year olds in the crowd too. And don't try that fanboy bullshit on me either, thats how it is, no matter what band it would be, and whatever world event it could be.

i like the song it shows true emotion he is writing about something that had a major effect on his life and many others and if it his way of dealing with what happened then at the very least u should respect what he is trying to convey and not talk shit about it being american righteousness, in my opinion it sums up what alot of people have been feeling since 9/11

COBSteele02 said:
Your view of america is false.

If you really think america is like what you just posted, despite what "fairy tales" you may hear from wherever you are from. Its not like that here at all. Sure you got a few over protective soccer moms who shelter their kids thats about it.

If you really think I or anybody else for that matter, sits around in a glass house all day dreaming of a perfect world. Then whatever mind control your peers or country has over you must be pretty damn strong proving another foolish statement false. I invite you to come and live a year here. I guarantee you, you won't want to go back. Why don't you learn what an open mind is next time, and find some facts out yourself before you take everything told to you as it is.

Also you have no right for making fun of Schaffer for being inspired to write a song about 9/11. Hes very patriotic, hes not doing this just for shits and grins. As a song writer hes going to let his feelings out in a song over it, its his way of getting it all out. Some people still have not recovered fully from that day, it woke lots of people up, and for the good too. Oh and by the way last time I checked a live video of Iced Earth from Greek it looked like more than 14 year olds in the crowd too. And don't try that fanboy bullshit on me either, thats how it is, no matter what band it would be, and whatever world event it could be.

Well said, and I completely agree. Americans are nothing like most foriegn media make us out to be. I was at my uncle's house for Thanksgiving, and he travels to Europe, Asia, and Austrailia a lot, and we were sitting on the couch when "Friends" came on, and he became disgusted, and said to me,

"It's amazing how the ignorant are truely ignorant. I travel to Europe and Asia a lot, and a lot of the people think that THIS is how Americans act. It's amazing how many of them believe what they see on TV: that Americans are lazy, all have nice houses, and sip on expensive wine. You'd be surprised how many confused looks I get when I tell them we are nothing like that."

Of course not everyone is like that,but it definitely tells something if the average american eats 2 hamburgers a day. But whatever. I would never think they're straight out of Friends or something.

There isn't a country with only good or bad people in it. There's just people.
Rottuated's signature rules.

One thing that I think americans should learn to do is to spell though.

Give us a break for fuck's sake!Iced Earth my ass:Smug: There's nothing more than nationalistic propaganda for no-lives people.The crowd still praises this band in Greece,but most of em are 14year olds...until they realise these people are only volunteers of the American Empire...

Barlow leaving the band to become a cop(!!)and Schaffer being inspired by 11th September were some of the most ridiculous things i have ever read...Most Americans still live in the secure glass house,relishing in fairytales,in their well-designed dreamworld("american dream").I dont think they will ever wake up.mind control is too strong in our days...

I could understand an anti-war manifest(talking about songs),but this fucking American righteousness("we are the hurt Saviours of the world")makes my nose bleed:Smug:

im sure all of yous heavy Iced Earth-ians think im talking shit,but,yeah...whatever...it would be way too optimistic an expectation that someone could see beyond his fanboy attitude(------>"Don't dare to insult our Gooooods!")
Oooooooh Sophia your words compliment mine... GODDESS!
Fuck, until now I've always been a huge Iced Earth fan but what they're doing right now makes me SICK :ill: It's horrible and ridiculous. I don't like this kind of American attitude, and a whole bunch of Europeans (or maybe Americans?) will agree. Iced Earth my ass indeed. I've tried listening to the new songs but they suck arse. Tragic :(
Hell I'm even wearing my Iced Earth sweatshirt right now :zombie:

fuck anyone and everyone who keeps saying that Americans live in a dreamworld.....there is no substatial evidence to support this, it is no more than a stereotype...

If all Americans live in a dream world, then...

all jews are cheap
all black people are fast
all French people are pussy's
all metalheads are satanist's
all britany spears fans are 12 year olds
all greatful dead fans do pot

.....I am an American, and i will be the first to admid our country has done some stupid shit over the years. I do not believe that our country is invicible, in fact I KNOW It's not. Just because someone lives in America doesnt mean they agree with eveything our country does. What the fuck do you want me to do, move because i dont agree with the government? where on Earth CAN you agree with everything the govenment does?

to say all americans live in a dreamworld, are oblivious to the rest of the world, are lazy, and do nothing all day holds no more truth than saying all Germans are Nazi's.

Rottuated said:
You are less of a fan because they made ONE song about an American tragedy? That's kind of sad.

Hold on it wasnt just an American tradegy yes it happened on America soil but many countries around the world lost people and almost half the dead were british i say it was far more of a global tragedy

Valo Nightstalker said:
Hold on it wasnt just an American tradegy yes it happened on America soil but many countries around the world lost people and almost half the dead were british i say it was far more of a global tragedy
I'll give you that, but that wasn't really my point.

Valo Nightstalker said:
i understand what ur saying dude and i agree that it is pretty sad if you like a band less because of one song

Like I said, If you hate it don't listen to it. Theres a few Iced Earth songs I dislike too, but I don't go around acting like a prick about it.

I just think the new video is kinda cheesy. And the song is not that great, anyway. If they were searching for a Top Ten alternative ballad, they're more than a bit off.

Melancholy would have been a success back in '98, but that's another story.

Its tasteless to write a song about that. Yes I am an american who is proud of his country and an Iced Earth fan. But it just doesnt belong.

Now commence bashing me since you all think dont like Iced Earth.

I would have to agree with most of what you say. I ignore all the B.S. lyrics and just listen to the music.

Both the video and the song were terrible. Owens vocals sounded horibly weak on all the slow parts, he doesnt hold a candle to Barlow. I'm overwhelmingly disappointed. :(