When the walls go down !

Xar

When the walls go down...
May 19, 2004
France
Hello everybody !

I'm not an english speaker because I'm french !

I hope someone could help me

I love Evergrey and I know all their lyrics by heart but I'v a problem on the song "when the walls go down"

I understand the whole sense of the lyrics but I would read it once to understand better because my ears don't recognize all the worlds...

So, if anyone could write the lyrics of this song, it will be very cool for me !!

Thank you !

Lord, if you don't help I can't get through this. I can't. Lord I'm too old for games. Please. And I'm tired of rhetoric, meaningless rhetoric. It never changes things. Lord, please help me. Help me

I was feeling God's pain! And I never had anything that's been any worth to God in my 50 years, that wasn't born in agony! Never! Never! Dead, empty. And I know that sermons won't do it. I know that revelation won't do it, Covenant won't do it. I know now, oh my God do I know it. Until I have been in agony. And tell I have been angry, stubborn. I'm preaching sermons, oh God!
I broke down, and I wept. And I mourned. Does it matter to you at all? I can't handle this. I can barely make it in today.
Little by little you're losing it...the love of God, the love of Christ! People I know that...were my friends and I see them go one by one, some of my closest friends. You're changing! You know what you were. You're changing! Little by little something's happening to you. Will it bring you to your knees? That's all the Devil wants to do, you have to fight out it of you, and kill it! So you won't labor in prayer anymore, you won't weep before God anymore. Go to Hell! No weeping, not a word of prayer, it's all ruined! You're laughing. This is life and death. When the walls go down, ruin sets in.
Where the tears? Where's the mourning? Where's the confessing? Love of Christ, agony of God's heart. We have sinned.

*cue kick ass outtro*

written by Frosties and various other people in the thread entitled, "Voice on track 7", Ive made minor corrections.

Not very different than DemiGodRaven's version, but with a couple of changes and a little easier to read:

Lord, if you don't help I can't get through this. I can't.
Lord, I'm too old for games. (Fool's games?)
And I'm tired of rhetoric, meaningless rhetoric that never changes things.
Lord, just help me. Help me

I was feeling God's pain!
And I've never had anything that's been any worth to God in my 50 years,
that wasn't born in agony! Never! Never! Dead...empty...
And I know that sermons won't do it.
I know that Revelation won't do it, Covenant won't do it.
I know now, oh my God, do I know it.
Until I hit agony, until I have been anguished over it,
I'm preaching sermons, oh God!

I broke down, and I wept. And I mourned.
Does it matter to you at all? I can't handle this.
I can barely make it in today.
Little by little you're losing it...
The love of God, the love of Christ!
People I know that were my friends
And I see them go one by one, some of my closest friends
You're changing! You know what you were
You're changing! Little by little something's happening to you
Will it bring you to your knees?
That's all the Devil wants to do,
Is get the fight out of you, and kill it!
So you won't labor in prayer anymore
You won't weep before God anymore
Go to Hell! No weeping, not a word of prayer, it's all ruined!
No laughing. This is life and death.
When the walls go down, and ruin sets in
Where are the tears? Where's the mourning?
Where's the confessing Love of Christ?
The agony...of God's heart
WE have sinned.

Its prolly the most meaning filled song Evergrey has put out. Its very emotional as like may of there other songs but it seems to get you more involved in the meaning.

I generally don't like talking in music. Neither in this one. What the hell does the lyrics here mean, anyway?