When the walls come/go down?

Cool idea,Raine. Don't forget to ask permission to Tom or one of the others. Maybe,he would even want to co-operate??!! It's indeed a song which you can do a lot of things
with. You can try it,Raine. Wish you good luck!
Greetz,
RagingRazer

Raine Lionheart said:
Actually, I'm thinking about making an amateur video with a friend of mine for When The Walls Go Down. I have some ideas. Relate mostly to my story. Hell, it could even become a screenplay one day!

I´ve had that idea too, but it will be a little`ard to do since it includes the Allmighty guys themselves...and a burning church as well... :loco:

But I realy love my idea and if I get to meet Tom or someone else of the band in a near future I will defenitly tell them about my idea and others I have.
( like Mark of the Triangle, recreation Day etc )

Hey Guys, a similiar song is from Timo Tolkki and it is the titletrack of his second solo record "Hymn to life". There is at the end a passage with a "voice" part too and it is very strange. When i here "When the walls go down" i always remember that song. Maybe someone have heard it.

Heh. Burning church eh? Hire Varg on too. :p

My idea revolves around the concept that the preacher (I've named him William MacKenzie in my story) is filming a suicide note. Most likely the person I'd cast would read do the monologue as well, or just lip sync as best as he can. And whenever the song ends, I always picture my friend playing the piano bit, then turning around just as the camera pans backward and fade to black.

About the church Reine.
It´s not realy burning, but the flames burst out of the windows like ghosts.
They are like transparent.

About the rest of the video, what about a crucifix on the first tune the piano play?
And then it´s appering on that tune every time it comes and then slowly fade away into black until he says; Lord, please help me...

I woud realy like to chare my idéas, but i´m affraid that people might steel idéas.

Raine,I was also thinking about the video. I had something in mind like (in the beginning of the clip) a person, with his arms towards the sky, who is preaching to a higher force. He's standing in front of a window,so you can only see his silhouet. And then, with the drums at the end, I thought you could maybe show images of earthquakes,wars,accidents,... just to show how much the world is doomed and that we are to blame. It's just an idea,if you want to use it,go ahead.
Greetz
RagingRazer

RagingRazer said:
Raine,I was also thinking about the video. I had something in mind like (in the beginning of the clip) a person, with his arms towards the sky, who is preaching to a higher force. He's standing in front of a window,so you can only see his silhouet. And then, with the drums at the end, I thought you could maybe show images of earthquakes,wars,accidents,... just to show how much the world is doomed and that we are to blame. It's just an idea,if you want to use it,go ahead.
Greetz
RagingRazer

That with him reaching for the sky sounds a bit like the A touch of blessing-video.
But your idéas are good and I really like the thing with the accidents! :headbang:

does anyone know if the spoken word was recorded for the album, or is it from a movie (or even a piece of literature)?

It was said in some other thread that it's some evangelist from the TV, so it's likely that it was recorded in some form beforehand. Don't think that guy would willingly come and record the parts strictly for the album. :p

According to (Henrik?), the samples are true spoken word. That's why there's no credits for them in the liner notes. You've gotta wonder if the man knows that they used his voice and rearranged what he said. What would he do if he found out, if he's still alive.

The creepiest part is what if he was actually sacrificing a child when he said that? My opinion is that he was probably using a metaphor or something that we can't really decipher due to lack of evidence, or something. Who knows?