When will Opeth go to Korea or Viet Nam?

Silent_Funeral

. . . orchid . . .
Jun 22, 2006
Yes! I'm a stranger here, not at all, maybe. First, I'm very glad to be a member of Opeth's official forum. Btw, I have been around this forum many times, and I've registered some account, but I don't use them anymore. And I find this forum is really home-like. Opeth is really really GREAT, right? :headbang: :headbang:

I'm a Vietnamese, it's unpopular here, right? But I swear that in Viet Nam, there are many, many Opeth's fans. So I hope Opeth will have a glance at coming to Viet Nam for a tour. :worship: :worship:

But it's so difficult for Opeth to go to Viet Nam :cry: , I really really hope that they will go to Korea, Seoul, of course, because I'm a overseas-student there :lol: . I've just seen in Opeth's website that they will come to Japan this October, so, what about some other Asian Countries? Plz :worship: , Korean or Viet Nam.

Since I've chosen Opeth as the band of my whole life, I waited tooooooooo f**king long to see them :cry: , even when I really don't like football, I tried to watch Sweden football team played in World Cup 2006, just to tell my self that : " Mike and other Opeth's members, they are watching it :headbang: " :headbang: . So I consider my self that they will come :kickass: , yes! It's really really kick ass.

So once again, who will tell? When Opeth come to this 2 countries? I will wait for them there :ill: :oops: .

Dude... that's like asking someone in Seattle to "hop over" to Miami for a show, or something.

But, well, if he's a total crazy fan it might be worth the cash.

First off, thats sucks. Surely nothing more annoying than your favourite band completely ignoring your country. Mike reads the forums though so you never know what could happen.

Secondly, me and two friends are visiting Vietnam for a month on this Sunday, leaving on the 25th of July. Anything you feel we really should see? We're hopefully going to see Ha Long (sp?) Bay, Cat Ba Island, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Mekong Delta and so on, but some advice on some really good spots would be apperciated. Also, what's the weather like where you are? Thanks in advance

Silent_Funeral said:
Yes! I'm a stranger here, not at all, maybe. First, I'm very glad to be a member of Opeth's official forum. Btw, I have been around this forum many times, and I've registered some account, but I don't use them anymore. And I find this forum is really home-like. Opeth is really really GREAT, right? :headbang: :headbang:

I'm a Vietnamese, it's unpopular here, right? But I swear that in Viet Nam, there are many, many Opeth's fans. So I hope Opeth will have a glance at coming to Viet Nam for a tour. :worship: :worship:

But it's so difficult for Opeth to go to Viet Nam :cry: , I really really hope that they will go to Korea, Seoul, of course, because I'm a overseas-student there :lol: . I've just seen in Opeth's website that they will come to Japan this October, so, what about some other Asian Countries? Plz :worship: , Korean or Viet Nam.

Since I've chosen Opeth as the band of my whole life, I waited tooooooooo f**king long to see them :cry: , even when I really don't like football, I tried to watch Sweden football team played in World Cup 2006, just to tell my self that : " Mike and other Opeth's members, they are watching it :headbang: " :headbang: . So I consider my self that they will come :kickass: , yes! It's really really kick ass.

So once again, who will tell? When Opeth come to this 2 countries? I will wait for them there :ill: :oops: .

like the guy sadi .......Mike reads teh forums regularly.....so u never know...he might actually do that......!!!........hopefulyl they'll coem to ure country....!!!....heck I live in America...in TEXAS...teh biggest freakin state of USA dn they still didnt come.....ive been really sadi bout that too......but its all good...as long as theyre touring...theres always hope they will coem to ure country/state....!!!......my only grips i that both tiem that I saw them they had Gene and then Axe on Drums....so I missed Lopez/..........its all good......dont worry bro...they are good ppl and will surely look into this...!!!......Keep rockin.....PEAC EOUT

Silent_Funeral said:

thats so cute, man honestly i live in Dominican Republic and belive me opeth will never come here, they are many fans but theres no hope for that miracle

waz416c said:
like the guy sadi .......Mike reads teh forums regularly.....so u never know...he might actually do that......!!!........hopefulyl they'll coem to ure country....!!!....heck I live in America...in TEXAS...teh biggest freakin state of USA dn they still didnt come.....ive been really sadi bout that too......but its all good...as long as theyre touring...theres always hope they will coem to ure country/state....!!!......my only grips i that both tiem that I saw them they had Gene and then Axe on Drums....so I missed Lopez/..........its all good......dont worry bro...they are good ppl and will surely look into this...!!!......Keep rockin.....PEAC EOUT

if that happends... lol i turn crazy

Never say never. I never thought Opeth would come to NZ, but they did. There are probably 100 times more people in Korea than NZ and I have seen heaps of metal bands scheduled to play shows in Korea.

Be aware that Opeth has very little say in where and when they play. They go where they're label sends them, which is determined by which promoters will front the money to bring the band in. So if promoters in your area aren't willing to put up money to bring Opeth to town, the label won't send them there.

Your best bet is to convince your local concert promoters to bring Opeth to town. Asking on Opeth's forum isn't going to make this happen, even though Mikael reads it. Even if he wanted to, there's nothing he could do.

Sorry to burst your bubble with some reality, but someone had to.

Secondly, me and two friends are visiting Vietnam for a month on this Sunday, leaving on the 25th of July. Anything you feel we really should see? We're hopefully going to see Ha Long (sp?) Bay, Cat Ba Island, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Mekong Delta and so on, but some advice on some really good spots would be apperciated. Also, what's the weather like where you are? Thanks in advance

So warmly welcome to our country. You're going to leave on the 25th of July ? Oh well, it's really hot and sunny now, but I hope when You come to our country it won't be that bad. But if You go to HCMC, I'm not sure of it. It's hotter than Northern State. But the beach there is really really f**king great. White sand, pure sea, beautiful Hotel and Resorts. I'm living in Ha Noi, and at that time, I'm still on my summer vacation in Viet Nam. So if You like, I would like to be a Tour guider for You. Hope You will have a good time. Just like making friends and pratice my English skills :D.

By the way, You can check out this website for more information : http://www.vietnamtravelguide.com/

After all, thanks for coming and warmly welcome once again.

but i guess you must actually ask the promoters in your country first, not the band.

Now I know it will be a long hard way to see Opeth in our country. Better making much money, travel to Sweden, and hope to see Opeth's members drinking coffee in the morning.

coolsnow7 said:
That would be Alaska.

i don't know the correct word for it but i think he meant the US thats connected excluding alaska and hawaii in which case Texas (which is also my home state) is the largest in the US.

bloodlust rampant said:
i don't know the correct word for it but i think he meant the US thats connected excluding alaska and hawaii in which case Texas (which is also my home state) is the largest in the US.
Contiguous.
That's my post for the week.