When you wake up in the morning.......

Depends on whether or not I'm feeling like P Diddy.

A Kesha reference on a Power Quest forum?! Now I've seen everything! :lol:

If it's waking up when I've got work that day, it's getting up to press the Snooze button on my Alarm Clock and then back to Bed to sleep for an extra 10 mins (at least!).

Otherwise, usually after getting out of Bed I go and grab a drink of Water.

I was laughing at the reference

First thing I do is stare at the clock as long as possible before I absolutely have to get up

You try to sleep as much as you can?

That's why I go to sleep early, so I don't have to wait in bed and stare at the clock :lol:

Ugh I hate waking up in the morning but when I have to, I usually change the channel on TV to something interesting and then I go to the bathroom....yep....

Guys.....if you know that usually you wake up at times that you don't want to, just go to sleep earlier than usual. It may help.

Depends on when different people are used to going to bed, how much sleep it takes for them to feel like they've had enough etc though.

For example myself, unless I'm REALLY tired going to bed before 11pm is pointless, because I've tried it several times and it always takes me at least an 2 hours to get to sleep if I go to bed before that time.

Furthermore for me, the longer I know I've been in bed trying to get to sleep but still being awake, the more I think about it, making it even more difficult for me to get to sleep. So I'm actually likely to get more sleep if I go to bed at around 11:30pm than I would if I went to bed at 10pm!

There's also the fact that whilst I'm awake I like to make the most of my time and unless I really feel I need the rest I see "extra" sleep as wasted time!

Depends on when different people are used to going to bed, how much sleep it takes for them to feel like they've had enough etc though.

For example myself, unless I'm REALLY tired going to bed before 11pm is pointless, because I've tried it several times and it always takes me at least an 2 hours to get to sleep if I go to bed before that time.

Furthermore for me, the longer I know I've been in bed trying to get to sleep but still being awake, the more I think about it, making it even more difficult for me to get to sleep. So I'm actually likely to get more sleep if I go to bed at around 11:30pm than I would if I went to bed at 10pm!

There's also the fact that whilst I'm awake I like to make the most of my time and unless I really feel I need the rest I see "extra" sleep as wasted time!

Yes this is it for me too. I always try and make the most of my time working on different things that need to get done (especially on weekends) and I think of sleep as sort of wasting time but it's just something you have to do. I mean, I like to sleep but I always think " I could be doing this" and that makes me wake up even if I really don't want to.