Where are good places to live in the U.S.?

Tucson is nice. I live there. If the heat doesn't bother you, it's a great place to live. It is generally considered more liberal that Phoenix. Around the U of A and downtown the culture is somewhat more artistic. We get some metal shows, but Phoenix gets more. I feel concert attendance is a little pathetic at times. Megadeth/Exodus/Testament was sold out, but Dimmu Borgir was not even close. Most underground bands get mediocre attendance. We have a tom of great mountain biking (and hiking) trails all around the city, and different mountains around the outside of the city.

Rare snow.

Green Valley is a retirement heavy community that is like 1 hour down the interstate.

THEY'RE TAKIN' OUR JOBS

I have a ton of frequent flyer miles - looks like it's time to go to all these places and see how they are

Tucson is nice. I live there. If the heat doesn't bother you, it's a great place to live. It is generally considered more liberal that Phoenix. Around the U of A and downtown the culture is somewhat more artistic. We get some metal shows, but Phoenix gets more. I feel concert attendance is a little pathetic at times. Megadeth/Exodus/Testament was sold out, but Dimmu Borgir was not even close. Most underground bands get mediocre attendance. We have a tom of great mountain biking (and hiking) trails all around the city, and different mountains around the outside of the city.

Rare snow.

Green Valley is a retirement heavy community that is like 1 hour down the interstate.

didn't satanstoenail have that avatar? gotta change it dude thought he moved to America or something

Unless you like Lady gaga or the black eyed peas the only band around here that I heard was playing recently is Bodom.

You're painfully dumb. By the way for anyone in the Bay Area here's an awesome site that lists every metal/punk/(usually good) rock show in the bay area by date, club, etc. I used to use it but I can't follow up on it anymore because I have work and such but when I'm looking for a show on a specific night I usually just check it here and find something good:

http://jon.luini.com/thelist/date.html

I can't believe they actually take the time to compile all that (must be pretty crazy since it's not always just the same venues looking on their calender) but i definitely appreciate it.

You're painfully dumb. By the way for anyone in the Bay Area here's an awesome site that lists every metal/punk/(usually good) rock show in the bay area by date, club, etc. I used to use it but I can't follow up on it anymore because I have work and such but when I'm looking for a show on a specific night I usually just check it here and find something good:

http://jon.luini.com/thelist/date.html

I can't believe they actually take the time to compile all that (must be pretty crazy since it's not always just the same venues looking on their calender) but i definitely appreciate it.

I think you pretty fucking stupid too. Your a good example why I think the bay area sucks dick.

Talking places to live in the US is turning into gay-hippie-redneck talk. Gotta love the U.S. of A.

Honestly K, and you may already know this, the New England area has it all. Historic areas, great schools, hospitals, restaurants, nite-life, entertainment etc. Of course being able to go from the ocean to the mountains in a relative short distance...nice indeed. Autumn and summer great fun can be had pretty much anyhwere in NE. The thing is managing the usual tough winters. Its not that bad and of course plenty of winter activities if thats your thing? Plus, if you look at most other US regions its tornados, hurricanes, earthquakes, flooding so...

While I've never been there any of the coastal/near coastal cities in Washington or Oregon I'd imagine are pretty nice. Go too far inland and summers get pretty hot, but along the coast is a pretty perfect climate if you can stand the rain/cloudiness.

The only place worth living in California is the San Diego area. It has the best (aka perfect) weather which is a big deal to me and there's a ton of shit to do. However, any place in California unless it's a shithole is really expensive so you might as well kiss that idea goodbye.

I've never lived in Texas but I've heard good things about Corpus Christi. I think any place in the southwest would be cool to live, but nothing trumps Hawaii so fuck em!

California is expensive... o_O
San Diego, Newport Beach, Long Beach... all great areas, that's where I'd like to move