Where are the old Sabbath Board members?

radical_elephant

New Metal Member
Nov 4, 2002
Visit site
Hey, all. Anyone know what forums the old Sabbath board posters are hanging out on?

Obviously am new here. Quick introduction:

Mike.
Old fuck, aged 32.
Kids: Two.
Favorite Bands: Leaning towards the black metal at the moment with Black Witchery, Beherit, Anteaus, Blasphemy, VON, Perverseraph, Archgoat, Revenge, Marduk and the like topping the list.

All cool folks are welcome to contact me. Heh.

Mike.

np: Black Witchery - Desecration of the Holy Kingdom

Welcome to UM, radical..hope you enjoy yourself here!

Oh, and 32 is not old, man! Or at least it better not be, cuz I'm even older than that.. :lol:

harryM and I haven't really found a specific "home" here yet. Harry has been busy and I just haven't found that "special board" yet lol. I think there are a few posting on the Opeth forum, but I haven't seen any posts on any boards from our group yet, so I don't really know. If I find out where people are posting, I will either send them here or post the info here myself.

Hey Mike/Hey Wendy!

When I do post here, it's usually at the General Music Discussion thing. I'm way too musically schizophrenic otherwise to settle into a specific band forum. Eventually, I'll probably just get picked up for loitering.

Got a lot of new stuff if you're into trading, Mike. You've got my email.

I'm here too (me being gloStix).
Possibly be able to find me over in the non-metal or gen. music discussion thingies..and on rare occasion, in the off-topic section of the Opeth forum. Everything else is too unknown metal for this emocore chick..heh.

Being an administrator on other forums, I would hate to get alot of whiny PMs asking for a new forum ;-)

Ricoh

You will all be fooled...

When he reveals himself...

I have arrived. Greetings, all. Nice to see some familiar faces. I am also a Sabbath BB refugee, for the Greeters' information. I'm beginning to think we are the chosen people of Metal Forums, as many times as we've been evicted from our resident boards.
Anyway, see you guys around!

np: - Exhumed - Gore*fucking*Metal

Originally posted by Ricoh
Being an administrator on other forums, I would hate to get alot of whiny PMs asking for a new forum ;-)

Ricoh
Yeh, but Mark's a cool :cool: administrator, maybe you weren't :D :p :) ;). Just kidding (if you couldn't tell from the copious smilies :p).

Hey Mike and Holy D. Welcome:D :D

I PMed Mark about a sabbath forum. The thing is that it wouldn't be free, which I certainly understand. It would be 60 USD per year and I'm not sure it's worth that when there are so many other boards for us to post at.

Originally posted by scarab
Hey Mike and Holy D. Welcome:D :D

I PMed Mark about a sabbath forum. The thing is that it wouldn't be free, which I certainly understand. It would be 60 USD per year and I'm not sure it's worth that when there are so many other boards for us to post at.

Any chance of getting the band/management/label to pay for it? It's a very justifiable advertisement expense, as the numbers for unique hits, etc. on UM are most excellent..maybe it could get lumped in with website expenses? Anyone even in contact with any of the above entities & could approach them about it?

Highly unlikely. I moderated that board for 3 years and never heard one word from them. Also, Sony has it's own bbs where they would house it, if they wanted to, which they haven't. Even if I tried to contact them about it, I doubt anybody would even read it.

But hey, it's no biggie. I'm sure we'll all see each other around here and there. Maybe we should establish one of the boards here as the "base of operations". Maybe the Death board? I dunno, I'm open to suggestions.

Originally posted by scarab
Highly unlikely. I moderated that board for 3 years and never heard one word from them. Also, Sony has it's own bbs where they would house it, if they wanted to, which they haven't. Even if I tried to contact them about it, I doubt anybody would even read it.

Wow, that's too bad when big business breeds apathy like that. I guess I'm spoiled that I actually work for the bands whose boards I moderate, & can call them on the phone if need be (of course, they're not as huge as Sabbath, which I know is a factor..), I don't have to dance around a huge label run by white collars who don't give a shit about the music or the fans.

But hey, it's no biggie. I'm sure we'll all see each other around here and there. Maybe we should establish one of the boards here as the "base of operations". Maybe the Death board? I dunno, I'm open to suggestions.

We're happy to have ya'll here, whatever the reason..the more the merrier! :)

The Death board should be a fine place to meet up. If there aren't enough of us who agree, then what about the general music discussion board?

Hell yeah, Holy. This album has some of the best guitar playing I've ever heard on it. It's amazing how well those three play together.

I'd be up for making it the death board. Something that doesn't have a whole lot of traffic, preferably.