Where are they now????

Apr 3, 2004
Nashville, TN
Hey gang,

After writing my thoughts about the new evergrey, i wonder what happened to a lot of people that I used to listen to. Any information on these people would be greatly appreciated.

Patrick - former evergrey drummer, this guy was one of my favorites. is he still around?

Leather - former singer of chastain. kate french has the looks but leather has the voice. nothing from chastain has been as good since leather has left. the 7th of never was a classic album.

Harry Cody - guitarist for ShotGun Messiah. this guy was amazing for his time and had some serious skills. is he still playing?

Vito Bratta - guitarist for white lion. this guy was one of my favorites back in the day. his melodic style and full sound were awesome.

Ron Taylor - Former Vocalist for Lillian Axe. These guys are just not the same without ron's deep voice. Ron was awesome and this band never got the credit they deserved. They were better than most of the hair bands. Love and War was an awesome album.

Jon Drenning - guitarist for Crimson Glory. Where is this guy? His songwriting and playing were awesome. Whether he is with Crimson Glory or not, he needs to be making music.

Glynn Morgan - Former Vocalist of Threshold. He is my favorite threshold singer. They had more of an edge when he was on board. Loved his voice and would like to see him back with the band. Is he still around?

Guy Mann Dude - Former Shrapnel Artist. Had his Instrumental Guitar Album. It was not very good but with a name like that i have to know where he is now. LOL!!

Thanks for your help.

Brand

Leather - former singer of chastain. kate french has the looks but leather has the voice. nothing from chastain has been as good since leather has left. the 7th of never was a classic album.
She disappeared in 1990 after recording the "For Those Who Dare" album. My understanding, from the little bit of info I've been able to find by searching online, is that she is a veterinarian/vet tech/vet assistant somewhere in the US. I have no idea what her non-stage name was (I'm sure Leather was probably not her name at birth) and so I have had very little luck finding anything detailed on her whereabouts. (This is one of the few pages where I've been able to find anything about her after leaving the band - http://www.metalmaidens.com/chastain.htm)

Nathan set me on the task of capturing a Chastain reunion for FotV. I contacted David Chastain and proposed the idea of a possible reunion with Leather (if he knew of her whereabouts) or even a show with Kate - as she is also a phenomenal singer. While David initially expressed a "never say never" policy on the idea, when officially offered the opportunity to play FotV, he mentioned that he doesn't see any Chastain shows anytime in the near future, but wished us the best. David himself hasn't seen Leather since 1990.

For those interested, David did mention that the first 2 Chastain CDs are being re-issued this month by Shrapnel Records "after all these years."

Hopefully we will get a Chastain performance again someday. With all respect to Daivd, I'm going to keep trying. If anyone else knows more about Leather, I too would be interested in hearing what became of her.

Jon Drenning - guitarist for Crimson Glory. Where is this guy? His songwriting and playing were awesome. Whether he is with Crimson Glory or not, he needs to be making music.
John's living in FL from what I understand. He was at PP this year ... visiting with a PP attendee many of us know who had met him though BARfest this past summer. (I'll dig up my picture of him to post if I can.) Musically I'm not certain what he's doing officially, but I thought I did overhear an expression of interest in having Crimson Glory play at PP in the future.

what about that original guy who used to sing for Crimson Glory? whats he been up too lately?

oh, wait.....:lol:

actually on-topic, what ever happened to Chris Efthimiadis, Spiros Efthimiadis, Sven Fischer, and Christian Wolff, the entire mid-90's RAGE?

actually on-topic, what ever happened to Chris Efthimiadis, Spiros Efthimiadis, Sven Fischer, and Christian Wolff, the entire mid-90's RAGE?
Who cares as long as they're not in Rage lol
Not a big fan of Rage, or not a big fan of those musicians?

Personally, I think Rage is amazing! Never before have I heard a metal band with such a full powerful sound and only three members.

whatever happened to Mike Howe from Metal Church?

I'll see your question, and raise!

Whatever happened to John Marshall from Metal Church? I heard he was no longer involved with MC, but not why, or where he went. John was a really nice guy when we met him while he was subbing for Jaymz Hetfield after the infamous pyro accident. ("It burrrrrrrnnnnnnssssssss-ahhh!")

He's working for Mesa Boogie amps doing artist relations and product development.

Wow, cool! Thanks! It's good to hear he's doing well. (I'd insert the usual quip about him also owning the John Marshall Law School a block up from Center Stage, but y'all have heard it already. :) )

During that tour John did with Metallica, our friend Katie befriended him and then dated him for a large chunk of the rest of that tour...so we were getting her awesome 'spy reports' from the band's hotels, riding in the limos, backstage, you name it. "Kirk's registered at the hotel as John Carpenter! Lars is registered as Richard Head!" Etc.

We never abused the inside info by calling them or anything, it was just pretty cool to hear reports "from the inside" on a major tour. :heh:

Ron Taylor - Former Vocalist for Lillian Axe. These guys are just not the same without ron's deep voice. Ron was awesome and this band never got the credit they deserved. They were better than most of the hair bands. Love and War was an awesome album.

Lillian Axe is still around, in case you didn't know. Though obviously with another singer.

http://www.lillianaxe.com/home.htm

Ron is the singer of two bands:

Lowside (with former Lillian Axe bassist Darrin Delatte)

http://www.lowside.net/

The Daze (cover band)

www.thedazeonline.com