Where did you first hear Carcass?

not hear OF them, actually hear them? ..

the first time i heard them, was on the radio believe it or not, on Radio 1, the mighty John Peel played "pyosisified" from vinyl, and played it at the wrong speed!!! .. it sounded immense, but then he played it at the right speed, at knocked my face right off!!!!! ..

went straight out to get "reek of putrefaction" album, and then bought them all as they came out!!!! ..

can you remember how you first heard carcass? and what track?

I first heard them in about 1999 I think..MTV2 just launced in the uk and I was watching it around 11 at night and the video for heartwork came on and I liked it. Immensley. I then went out and bought albums, the first of which was Reek.

When I was in Junior High. My friend's older brother was in the Army, stationed in Germany, and he'd bring home all this cool metal. And then his bro would make tapes of it and bring it school. He brought Symphonies of Sickness in, it was the heaviest, most insane and brillaint thing I'd heard. Been a fan ever since.

I first heard them on Napster... "Corporal Jigsore Quandary"... :headbang: Those were the days...!

Damn Metallica :bah:

In the past when I got interesting to deathmetal i heard lots of good things about band called Carcass( guys talked about and so on..) ..then i just went to record store and checked out Carcass stuff and my first album of them was Symphonies of sickness and right after first listening i fell in love!!!!!:loco::) :p

Heard them through Napster... first song I heard was Child's Play and I thought it was utter pish. Then a while later I got Emodiment which I was totally into.

a friend of mine had the "wake up and smell the carcass..." video and I started watching it while he was showering and I liked Carcass a lot.then my friend gave me a cd with reek of putrefaction and the other cd together.

I first herad Carcass when my freind told me to download some of there stuff so i downloaded "No Love Lost" and it fucking rocked! :) And 2 weeks later i got heartwork :)

A friend of mine from school let me borrow Heartwork. I put it into the CD player in my last period French class and was blown away. At the time I was only listening to stuff like Metallica, Megadeth, Maiden, etc. That was the first time I heard vocals like that. That was in '95 or '96....man, how time flies....

Originally posted by PaulTangaroa

hey saphira, i used to live on napster, i probably talked to you!!! i felt like i got to know just about everyone who went on there that was into metal!!!

Hey, probably... but I used my brothers login and it was some homie faggot slang or something... :rolleyes:

My mate introduced me to the in 1993. He played me Necroticism and Heartwork. After that there was no turning back!

my carcass story is quite singular i think!

at the beginning of 1992 my friend make me know a strange guy who was into serial killers.

he study psychology at the university and give a thesis about serial killers.

he was interested in metal and expecially extreme stuffs grind and death.

so he make me listen to necroticism tell me about the connection between the lyrics and psychopatology !

i immediately love their music !

it was really intense experience!

:headbang: