Where did your nickname comes from?

Most people call me ozz or ozzman but with all the ozzy Osbourne fans + Austrailian Rock fans out there ozz & ozzman are always taken.

So I settled on the assault_attack the MSG/Bonnet album. One of my favorite albums of the 80's + I had just been to a Bonnet gig here in California. So there you have it.

& My e-mail address ozzyland I got from from Ronnie Montorse 10 years ago with his being ronnieland.

:kickass:

I wondered if that's where you got your name! :) I like the album too!

No literary or musical reference for me. I've always been accused (mostly by family and close friends ) of being very very dark in thoughts and emotions. Hence . . .

Steve in Philly

As everyone here knows, I'm a huge Savatage/TSO fan. All the cool Sava monikers were taken (this was when I was registering to write reviews on Amazon back in '02) so I decided to go with something TSO related. Since I'm not an orchestra, I decided to change the last word to Outcast because most of the music I listen to relegates me to outcast status with the general community who worship KISS and AC/DC. When I signed up on UMOS in '04, I had already been using this moniker on Amazon for a couple years, so I decided to stick with it.

Another reason I used such a long and unusual username was simply to make it more likely that I could use it on all sites/forums without fear that it would already be taken. And, shortened to acronym status, TSO sounds pretty cool! (although it does get confusing in Trans-Siberian Orchestra threads because it's hard to tell if people are referencing me or the band)

^ You ever listen to The Nefilim? It's the singer from FOTN. The album i got is called Zoon. Real dark, and gothic industrial/thrash metal.

Quit an easy one for me, but even English speakin people often don't get it quickly... I am a car-nut, crazy about (vintage) cars ....

FIVE.GIF

I've seen this car at a car show before. I'd like to see Cadzilla sometime too...

My stupid nick came about years and years ago, when I was making my first steps in online communication on Usenet groups. Slayer's "Undisputed Attitude" was spinning and guess what song was on at the moment... :D

^Pretty much the same story for me except I was playing Ted Nugent's Double live Gonzo. Gonzo was already taken so I had to add the Mx for Maximum.

It's always interesting to see peoples creative (or not so creative) thoughts.

I took mine form the Alas song Loss of a Life:

Will this misery ever fade, can I obtain life without pain

That, or you were conceived in a very big balloon :loco: :lol:

Shhhhhhhht!:)

^ You ever listen to The Nefilim? It's the singer from FOTN. The album i got is called Zoon. Real dark, and gothic industrial/thrash metal.

I also have that album, there's a kickass song on it called "Shine":kickass::kickass:

My stupid nick came about years and years ago, when I was making my first steps in online communication on Usenet groups. Slayer's "Undisputed Attitude" was spinning and guess what song was on at the moment... :D

I always thought you got it from Trainspotting, but Slayer wil do.

Hmm, are you avoiding the subject? :p

Sure I'll play along...
It's quite simple.
Back in '97 when I got my first computer I was signing up for an email address on yahoo and had to come up with a user name...
being a Motley Crue fan for years and a huge Nikki Sixx fan I knew I wanted to use Sixx. I wasn't sure of a what to add to Sixx. At the time they had just released their reunion album with Vince Generation Swine. I thought how about adding swine on the tail end... Sound good at the time so I went with it...