Where do you buy?

Hammer of Might said:
http://www.marquee.com.br/english/principal.asp

Good for harder to find thrashy stuff, especially Brazilian. Also the place to go for the Sacrifice re-issues.

www.evillegendrecords.com

loads of cool NOWBHM, thrash, etc

Call me a faggot for forgetting these two. Marquee just put out a Maninnya Blade compilation is about to reissue the third Sacrifice. Check them out. And of course Evil Legend rules, extremely reliable. It's nice to see that Tim is finally putting out some releases of his own.

I ordered a cd from the end one time and it took a month+. This was the cd that I forgot was coming in the mail because it took so long. Atleast now know to never order there again. I guess it would be worth ordering from many different places just to figure out where to order from and not too.

Relapse.com has the fastest shipping from anywhere i've ordered from. Two to three days after placing the order everytime.

The Greys said:
I ordered a cd from century media about 2,3 weeks ago and have no received it. This is why I hate ordering from metal labels. You really have no idea when to expect your cd. I have forgotten about a cd coming in the mail from a label because it took so long.

If you paid TRUE attention to CM Distro's ordering policies, you would know that CM says to expect up to 3 weeks for delivery of product. :rolleyes:

Krigloch cuts yo' grass said:
century media makes you pay for shipping...that ='s queer

One friend of mine used to run a small distro. He was fed up with people jerking off about the postage costs. He rised the prices 2-3 euro's per title and said from this onwards there is free shipping. Actually after that he was making off 1-2 Euro's more per sold CD as people started to buy bigger loads of CD's at time. Strange things do happen when people see "free shipping". :)

Krigloch cuts yo' grass said:
century media makes you pay for shipping...that ='s queer

Distros that charge for shipping can be pointless if you're only getting one or two items, but if it's like $50 or more worth of stuff, the percentage of shipping in the total price goes down and you ultimately will save a bit. It can work pretty well for larger distros like Relapse or Century Media where you can pretty easily find a lot of different things you want. And of course many places like that don't charge for shipping at all if your order is large enough.

Metal Haven www.metalhavenchicago.com

Awesome staff, and they meet a vast majority of my extreme metal needs, eliminating the need for most mailorders. They do ship to anywhere, and they have a larger scope of material than many distros, so you may want to consider ordering, especially those in the US.

I was able to find Ashes Against the Grain (slipcase) in a local store, and they had dropped it down to $10, as they do with some of the more mainstream metal bands that don't sell a ton. They have nice listening stations which have sold me on albums before. Very good feature.

The Greys said:
Relapse.com has the fastest shipping from anywhere i've ordered from. Two to three days after placing the order everytime.

Are they that fast?

I buy albums from mainstream chains in Canada like Sunrise and HMV. Or I get them used from local record stores downtown and this record chain called The Beat Goes On.