Where do you get your cds?

Originally posted by Elfbane
Good Metal cds are hard to find. Major record stores suck. I get most of mine over the internet or from independent record stores.

I go to www.lasercd.com for progmetal. I shop other online stores for other types of metal. The local CD shops suck. In fact, only one has a metal section in it. >:

Bryant

www.emp.de has the greatest offers on a great range of metal, HC, Rock and so on.
Also a great supplier is the shop of the greatest Metalmagazine in germany. check www.rockhard.de

For special grindcore, DeathMetal or BlackMetal we order at www.pervertedtaste.de (my favourite)

I know you are in USA and that suppliers are in germany, but maybe you have great contacts....

Also an possibility is www.centurymedia.com or amazon.com

Any BULLMOOSE MUSIC around me kicks ass, and if they don't have what you want you can order it through them for free and get it in 2 days, great store!

I get mine in Soundcellar, a great basement place in Dublin. In fact it basically IS the Dublin "scene".

And they sold me "Prometheus" ten days before its release date

Originally posted by BillowOfZeal
Either E bay or used record shops around town (saves money). If I buy something new it is often at Media Play.

The Media Play at 100 Oaks? That's where I go to get my music too. The Cool Springs Best Buy is decent, but is pretty unreliable. So from now on...if I go to Media Play...and a cd I want isn't there, I'm going to assume it was you who took it. :D

I was able to snag Iced Earth's box set at MP a few weeks ago. That was pretty sweet.

I've ordered about 50% of my collection off amazon.com, sometimes used off there. also there is a descent record store here that you can sell and buy used cds... the mall here has a good metal sction but it's expensive as hell, like $16-18 per cd :zipit:

try 2nd hand stores... cash converters and stuff like that pawnbrokers etc.. for the most part the people who run these places don't have any idea what things are worth.
a girl i know payed $100 (australian) for the first white zombie album (let them die slowly) and i found it in a pawnshop for $7.
it is a crap album but hey!!

there are very few good metal shops in Australia.. the capitol cities are often the places to go. Rocking horse records and Skinnys music in brisbane utopia and red eye records in Sydney, smoke dreams, metal mayhem and missing link in Melbourne, Verandah in Adelaide, 78's in perth and a few JB hifi stores accross the country.
most of the places out side these areas have to rely on sanity music stores (they are like the mcdonalds of the Australian music industry) don't have much variety and only sell shit.

used to buy mainly from shows, or from supernal, or from a shop here in leeds called hellraiser .. nowadays i have too much debt to buy any cds (bought about 3 in the last 12 months) ,, but get some stuff copied, or generally get lots sent to me for review (had around 100 this year so far) .. but i wish i had enough money to start buying again! instead ive had to sell stuff which always pains me!

If I can wait, I do so till a used one turns up on amazon. If I have to have it when it comes out, sometimes I'll preorder with them, on amazon, since I already have an account and it's not worth going through the hassel setting one up somewhere else to save a dollar or something.
I do have an account with interpunk.com and I get some punk/hc there. I haven't read all the posts, so if I'm repeating sorry, but for those looking to save money, pricegrabber.com is a pretty good way to find the lowest prices.

well i get some in HMV and Vrigin when they have sales on and such otherwise i go to independant stores like as paul said Hellraiser is quite good.