Where do you get your cds?

Elfbane

lowly carpenter
Apr 20, 2002
Visit site
Good Metal cds are hard to find. Major record stores suck. I get most of mine over the internet or from independent record stores.

Here in Berkeley we have two great record stores Ameoba and Rasputin's. Both have HUGE used sections, thats where I get most my CD's real cheap anywhere from 2-11$. Rasputin's has great goth, metal, prog sections, basically any styl of music you can think of. Ameoba even has a whole section for only black metal and another section titled "Unusaly Experimental". Strangly enough the put th B. Metal section across from oldies... If I can'tfind it in thes places I go to e-bay and wait...

We do okay for metal stuf here in the UK - there's a small city about five miles away from where I live that has at least two record stores (one a major) that usually have everything I want - I bought Hatebreed's new album and Anaal Nathrakh's 'The Codex Necro' yesterday from HMV!

I buy from a local metalstore called Feedback. They have a rather small but excellent black & death departement. They also sell thrash, power, speed, nu and other metal.
I also buy a lot from (underground) mailorders because they are cheaper and have more underground stuff I can't get at the shop.
Sometimes I buy on ebay, mostly rare music and sometimes a cheap CD.
I wish we had a second hand metalstore around here...

NewBurry comics has any and all cd's one could ever want. The closest one is an hour from my house, so I usually save a lot of money, make a list and then go and spend near 75$ each time. It's a great music store.

I sometimes go to HMV for my music, but it is expensive. A&B Sound is where I get the stuff I can easily find (I go to HMV for the rarer stuff).

Used record stores occasionally have good stuff too.

Here in São Paulo (Brazil) we have a cool place called 'Galeria do Rock' where u can find all kind of rock stuff lol :) Even imported.. though those r expeeeeensive.. :(
Anywayz, it is kewl there.. hehe u can also meet ppl there, very nice! :)

local stores, mostly. there are about 3 record stores in the city where they have a metal section. not much, but that's how things are. occasionally i order online, but shipping fees are quite expensive. :bah:

Back where I come from Malaysia, Metal stores are like relics...very difficult to find and even those that I know do not carry original copyrighted stuff and they're in cassette format mostly!

So, most of my CDs I get them from my travels abroad or the internet (but its costly for me to ship it in). So, if there's anyone from my place that know where to get good metal CDs please let me know.

By the way, check out my site www.demonzend.com. I carry a couple of indie metal records of all styles myself. Cheers!