Where do you guys buy your strings from?

heshian46

Sep 1, 2009
Northwest Burbs of Chicago, IL
Im a drummer, not a guitar player, so I dont buy guitar strings very often, hence why im not "in the know" with this kind of thing but...

Where are you guys buying strings from nowadays?

Are there any "monoprice.com"-like sites out there that usually offer good deals on strings/packages of strings?

If you wanted some place online, I'd probably go with www.juststrings.com.

Usually, I just go to Guitar Center and ask them to price match the lowest price I can find using Google shopping, though.

Cool guys. Thanks for the tips.

While were on it, i'm curious what you guys would recommend in this situation. My studio guitars tuning gets moved around quite a bit with all the different bands coming through. I want to put a heavier gauge string on for some of the lower tuned stuff, but there are times when the guitar will be in Eb, or standard tuning. I was thinking .010-.048. What do you think?

Cool guys. Thanks for the tips.

While were on it, i'm curious what you guys would recommend in this situation. My studio guitars tuning gets moved around quite a bit with all the different bands coming through. I want to put a heavier gauge string on for some of the lower tuned stuff, but there are times when the guitar will be in Eb, or standard tuning. I was thinking .010-.048. What do you think?

I'd go heavier than that. Most of my guitars are tuned Eb/dropped C# and I'm using DR .11-50. They work great but if tuning even lower I'd probably go up to at least a .12-54ish set, which I use on one guitar that I keep in drop-B.

53Crëw;10459644 said:
If you wanted some place online, I'd probably go with www.juststrings.com
I can vouch for them. Decent prices, and a huge selection of strings. One of the few places I've been able to find my ernieball baritone slinky's (13-72) for A tuning. Haha. :devil:

What about Europe ? I buy mine on Cordesexpress but it's a french site only, and I'm sure there is better around here
EDIT : just saw the link for europe