Where do you think it should be?

How about Jaxx in Northern Virginia? Sure they get most if not all of the metal tours that go through the states, but one of the reasons is that the shows usually draw well. Washington, DC is easily drivable for me here in NC and for people all the way up to NYC. There are 3 major airports in the area to fly into as well.

Another option could be a place like the House of Blues or the Hard Rock Park in Myrtle Beach. You could still target the spring break time period for your beach vacation, Lance. I don't think they have too much going on around spring break season there as March weather in SC can still be hit or miss. They have an airport as well. Just don't schedule it during a bike week!

Actually had a message into Jaxx to check out the options, but that was a couple weeks ago, and I've not heard back yet on that. Anyone have a phone number for me?

this isn't really constructive but... i want to thank you for considering going mobile Lance. i've lived a few years as a fan on a budget now, and i know how much some people would like some of the progressive/power metal fests to be stationed a little closer to home. i think making your fest mobile will both make the fest stand out and make a lot of neglected fans really happy.

this isn't really constructive but... i want to thank you for considering going mobile Lance. i've lived a few years as a fan on a budget now, and i know how much some people would like some of the progressive/power metal fests to be stationed a little closer to home. i think making your fest mobile will both make the fest stand out and make a lot of neglected fans really happy.

That would be cool but to kick it off youd have to have to be willing to take a major loss in revenue to even set it up.
Things like Mayhem Fest and Ozzfest were successful because well its mostly for the sheep.... And the sheep far outnumber the elite of metalheads in mostly every genre in the states.

Metal Masters is successful due to the history the bands have had.

Nightmare Fest is mostly promoting new and rising bands that lean towards power/prog.
Believe me if the fest was mobile I'd go nuts and promote the hell out of it. But it wouldn't be enough

I didn't really mean mobile as in, traveling to multiple locations like Ozzfest. I just meant how he's considering having it in a different place this year. You know... Florida might have been to far for some people last time. But, if the fest is in Texas or the north east or any of the other places mentioned in this thread, then suddenly the unobtainable would be possible for some fans. Then, the next year, it might be within traveling distance of yet another group of metalheads with tighter pocket books.

I guess I could have been more clear, but yeah. I'm not nearly so naive to think that Nightmare Fest could pull of 20 dates in one summer like Ozzfest USED to be able to do. However, this fest could definitely be in different locations every year (providing the King family with a variety in spring break travels too!). Simultaneously, they'd be making different groups of travel-impaired fans happy every year. That was what inspired my "thanks Lance" post.

I wish NIGHTMARE METAL FEST could go mobile, but the logistics, and $$$$$ needed at this point far out weight doing it.

Tour buses or vans, trailers for backline, hotels in different cities, Per deim for the bands and crew, and possible rental fees for venues, makes it only doable if a lottery winner says " Hey I will give you the money needed" or if Morale, Welfare, Recreation(MWR) of the armed services were to say hey let's do this, and you play every major Army, Airforce, NAvy/Marine base in the states. Now that would be really an awesome tour.

I didn't really mean mobile as in, traveling to multiple locations like Ozzfest. I just meant how he's considering having it in a different place this year. You know... Florida might have been to far for some people last time. But, if the fest is in Texas or the north east or any of the other places mentioned in this thread, then suddenly the unobtainable would be possible for some fans. Then, the next year, it might be within traveling distance of yet another group of metalheads with tighter pocket books.

I guess I could have been more clear, but yeah. I'm not nearly so naive to think that Nightmare Fest could pull of 20 dates in one summer like Ozzfest USED to be able to do. However, this fest could definitely be in different locations every year (providing the King family with a variety in spring break travels too!). Simultaneously, they'd be making different groups of travel-impaired fans happy every year. That was what inspired my "thanks Lance" post.

I think what he's saying here, is simply, he's glad we're looking at doing it in a different location, perhaps each year?

I think what he's saying here, is simply, he's glad we're looking at doing it in a different location, perhaps each year?

Now that Idea I can realate to and It's a great idea. NIGHTMARE METAL FEST 2010 HONOLULU HAWAII!!!!!!

Yes! :worship:

Sorry to derail the thread.

You didn't derail it, you gave an honest and objective though, a thought that I know Lance has considered, and talked about.
Now what you have to do Kimavir is send a list of venues in towns and cities where YOU think this might go over well.

Late to the thread and I'm sure you already have it planned by now, but....

Has anybody considered America's playground, Las Vegas? Or, maybe one of the surrounding Vegas communities?
What about St Louis, MO?
What about Knoxville, TN?
What about Phoenix, AZ?

If it's gonna be on San Antonio, we should get Chris Salinas in on the deal, since he lives there.

Lance, any idea when you announce the lineups?

Chris :headbang:

Done deal, Chris is providing help. Lineup to be announced once all bands are confirmed.