Should there be an 'Opeth bash' where fans come together? *further explanation inside

Well?

• Hell YES, it would be great!

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • No, I don't like it.

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters
I know people in other countries would be excluded, but they could have their own. It could be a multi-national deal. Annual, semi-annual, whatever. Even a one-time event. Would you want to have one?

What it would be:

- General fan get-together
- Opeth merchandise
- contests
- Concerts?
- Appearance by the band?
- etc.?

Of course the idea needs much more thought than I can give it, but what does everyone think?

And please include any input, critique, ideas, whatever.

Keep in mind that just because you wouldn't want to go to one doesn't mean you should vote NO, because I know other people would. If you vote no, please explain why.

No. It's inconvenient and to have a large scale gathering for a band is the ultimate of fanboy behavior. It'd be cool to meet up with people who live near me at a show or something, but not some big countrywide thing. That would be stupid. :D

Yeah, they also have Star Trek conventions, and Xena: Warrior Princess conventions...

Dude, I'm sure more Opeth fans would show up at an Opeth show than at one of these conventions. If you want to get together with Opeth fans, buy merchandise, see a concert, and be privy to an appearance by the band just go to a show. Unfortunately there are no contests though. Sorry. Your heart is in the right place, but I'd definitely have to vote 'no'. If you were to actually put energy into organizing something like this I would say that you were setting yourself up for a big disappointment.

BlackParagon said:
Oh, I see now. You're not even old enough to go to a show. That sucks. I feel for you. I honestly do.
Haha, that's not really a problem. You know. *wink, wink*. But really, that's moot because I can get into anywhere:devil:

But I figured it would be cool just to get together with the fans, meet new people. But I see your points of view, thanks for the input \m/:)

Thats the lamest most homoerotic, fanboy ,star trek convention, geekiest thing I have ever heard in my life. And you wonder why so many people hate Opeth fans. Hmmm Maybe we can all dress up as our favorite Opeth member, make some microwavable popcorn and sing along to Still Life in one huge group circle! After that we can go outside and play pin the mustache on Mikael! Itll be so much fun guys! *fixes glasses* STAMPS!

dude, an opeth concert is fucking tite as it is. no conventions needed. seeing them live fucking kicked ass man. i just hope they come by the bay area more often. i remember mikael saying after the second or third song, "so i guess that answers the question if san francisco can sing"; a very kool experience. i just wish it was a two hour set (that would fucking rock!).

Interesting idea...I think it'd be cool to meet up with people who are into Opeth as much as me. It'd be like a concert...but really fuckin big, and it'd have to be just Opeth playing. But maybe thats just because I'm still in high school and my school is the biggest shithole for music in the country. Therefore I've met in person maybe one other Opeth fan. Sucks don't it? Oh well, I vote yes. I'd go.

Out of curiosity, why do people bash fanboys so much? Hell, I'd much rather be an Opeth fanboy than a Christian or something like that. At least Opeth has something worth more than a musty old book to go by! ;)

I know, now I'm just trying to start shit... but oh well, that's what I'm here for! :p