Where do you want Suspyre to play?

usaprogmusic

ProgPowerGRRL
Hello everyone. I am Suspyre's new "booking agent", and I am looking for feedback from the fans as to where they would like the band to play? Specifically looking for venue names, not just cities. They will mostly be playing on weekends on the East Coast starting in December (after the new awesome album is recorded!), so sorry for all you mid-west and western US fans but hopefully we can get the band out there soon!

Jill Hughes

Hi, Jill. Great question. Not one that is usually asked of the fans.

A great place somewhat near me is Jaxx is Springfield, Virginia. It's a small-ish club that is ideal for metal and rock acts.

There is also the 930 Club in DC. I have only been there a couple of times and it hosts a more diverse range of bands.

One more is the Recher Theatre in Towson Maryland. They have gotten some metal and hard rock bands in the past, but like the 930 Club they have a diverse clientele.

In all, Jaxx is far and away the best place in the area that is of decent size.

Thanks for asking! Looking forward to seeing the announcement Suspyre will be playing in my neck of the woods. ;-)

wtf @ places so far away from NJ.

The Stone Pony For sure. It's a well known small venue in Asbury Park, lots of bands go there. >_>

Of course, The Starland Ballroom is another kickass place. It's in Sayreville, NJ. Bigger than Stone Pony for sure. Lots of big people have played there, but there's still smaller bands booking all the time.

Other than that I sadly have no real idea. I mean, any other bigger places(Say, like, BB Kings, Nokia Theater, etc) are all probably too big for you to do unless you're also the kind of person who gets the band to tour with other bands, opening or whatever. In which case, I'd suggest those too. >_>

well, considering i haven't been to one of your shows yet :)() to see just how big of an audience you guys pull, i don't really know what to suggest. >_>

I'd like to see them in Long Island, as that's where I go to college. The only real venue I know around me is the Crazy Donkey, but I'd kill to have them anywhere near my school. I'm usually in Jersey, so it sucks to miss them when I'm at school.

Please suggest Suspyre as an artist to play at BB King's to get your vote in! If we get enough people requesting Suspyre, the chances of them being able to open for a big live act at that venue will be more realistic! <a href ="http://www.bbkingblues.com/suggestartist/suggestArtist.cgi"> So please suggest them! </a>

Hehe, that would be mighty cool, but I think a real club would be more ideal. However, in my immediate vicinity there is nothing, and I do mean nothing, that would be a good place to host a prog metal band. I live in a sorta redneck kinda town. You'd have to travel east or south of Frederick, MD into Baltimore or DC to find a decent place.

I'll keep my eyes and ears open, though, for anything that might be worth checking in to.