Where is everybody coming from?

Wandrail said:
I moved here about 2 years ago as well, just up in woodstock. The great thing about Atlanta is that ProgPower is here. The horrible thing about Atlanta is that for people who love this sort of thing...its all that's here. But still, if you have to have one thing - it might as well be the best.
So true!

But ProgPower isn't quite ALL Atlanta has for prog-metal. On Friday nights you can help change the course of metal in Atlanta by listening to WREKage at 91.1 FM (link below) and calling in to request bands you'd like to hear. We've been expanding the show's focus and playing a sometimes-astonishing number of requests -- see our past playlists for examples. We don't always have what people request, but if we have it, and it's radio-safe, and sounds decent, we play it. \m/

We take email and AOL IM requests, the show is streamed in near-CD quality audio, and is archived for a full week afterward, so the rest of ya's have no excuse either. :D

Wooo, probably receiving my tickets for the transatlantic flights tomorrow so I'll be there from Jyväskylä, Finland! So relieved now as it has been looking bad for a loooong time that I wouldn't be able to make it.

Really looking forward to seeing the familiar people and getting to know some new ones too :)

It kinda bombed at the end with a very tired and sloppy RAGE. Anyway, my band is called TimeLine. Check us out.
www.timelinemusic.net
We will be featured on the ProgPower USA V promo CD.
See ya there!

EB[/QUOTE]
Don't know how you can say Rage was tired and sloppy. They were right on the money, and very cool and professional to boot. Don't know how smart it is to rip one of the headliners from last year, and then try to pump your band in the same post.... JMHO :) :Smug:

eboles said:
Coming from San Francisco for the 2nd year in a row. Last year was amazing and this year is going to even better. It kinda bombed at the end with a very tired and sloppy RAGE. Anyway, my band is called TimeLine. Check us out.
www.timelinemusic.net
We will be featured on the ProgPower USA V promo CD.
See ya there!

EB

I noticed on your site that you played in Livermore, plan on doing any shows in the City? Perhaps at the Avalon or Slims.

pollution said:
Wooo, probably receiving my tickets for the transatlantic flights tomorrow so I'll be there from Jyväskylä, Finland! So relieved now as it has been looking bad for a loooong time that I wouldn't be able to make it.

Really looking forward to seeing the familiar people and getting to know some new ones too :)

HELL

YEAH

!!!

This will be my first year going to Prog Power. I am a freshman at Georgia Tech so I will be walking the 1 mile to earthlink. I am originally from Baltimore so I will probably see some familiar balto/wash metalheads. If anyone would be willing to give me a ride back to campus or to an afterparty (preferably) so I don't have to walk on atlanta streets at 2 am that would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: On friday I will take the georgia tech shuttle to the midtown marta station and walk to earthlink from there but on saturday I will have to either walk or get a ride from someone. I still need rides back to campus though.

Driving down again from Northern Virginia, just outside of DC. This is my fourth ProgPowerUSA(I missed the inaugural in Chicago), and I also attended the two Powermad festivals that started this madness('99 & '00). Mr. Harvester is to be commended, over and over. This is such a great time. Can't wait to see everyone again, and also meet the newbies!

powermetal2000 said:
I noticed on your site that you played in Livermore, plan on doing any shows in the City? Perhaps at the Avalon or Slims.

Sorry for the delayed response. I am the only member from the city and have been trying to get in touch with the right people from Avalon, Slim's, The Pound and anyone else who will take us.
We all have full time jobs and can really only except Saturday night gigs at this point, which might be why it is difficult.
If you like what you heard on our web site, stay tuned.
I just finished the vocal tracks on two new songs, which will be added to the site next week.
I will have some copies of our demo on me at ProgPower.
So. look for me on the 2nd night with a TimeLine shirt on.
Thanks for your support!

EB

Se7enChurches said:
?

?????

????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you must be referring to the audience because the band didn't seem tired or sloppy at ALL...

Ryan

You might be right... but I don't think anyone's going to walk out on EdGuy though. Although, you need to re-read my post. That is not what I meant. The other guy had it right. The audience including myself seemed very tired and sloppy drunk.
To be honest though, I guess Rage just wasn't my thing.
I think they appeal more to the old school thrash audience.
I thought their guitar player was pretty amazing.
Live mix was a little too Motorhead for my taste.
I picked up one of their CDs on Ebay for $3.50 with shipping and I still think it sounds to me like a slightly progressive Metallica with keyboards.
Oh well, at least I made an attempt.

EB

eboles said:
Sorry for the delayed response. I am the only member from the city and have been trying to get in touch with the right people from Avalon, Slim's, The Pound and anyone else who will take us.
We all have full time jobs and can really only except Saturday night gigs at this point, which might be why it is difficult.
If you like what you heard on our web site, stay tuned.
I just finished the vocal tracks on two new songs, which will be added to the site next week.
I will have some copies of our demo on me at ProgPower.
So. look for me on the 2nd night with a TimeLine shirt on.
Thanks for your support!

EB
I'll look for you guys if you plat a show around. I am going to Slims on Friday night, wooooot!! Nightwish!!!

Bear

Yeah, and its the same Parma he's singing about... he lived here, and the house he lived in is about 2 minutes from mine :p.

:headbang: Hey, coming down to Atlanta from Toronto, Canada! My first Prog!
The 'Metal Queen' and a few friends are joining me on this trip. I can't wait to see the guys in Savatage (Weapons of Mass Destruction). Check out Metal Queen Management. \m/

www.metalqueenmgmt.ca