Where the hell was I??

Gotthard started out as an honest to goodness hard rock band in the vein of alot of early 90's bands. As the decade wore on they moved closer and closer to a more "contemporary" sound. Basically, they've been stuck in the same ol' Nickelback, 3 Doors Down, Bon Jovi mode for quite sometime now. :erk: I liked them better when they were trying to mimick Whitesnake.

~Brian~

Comparing Gotthard to Nickelback / 3 Doors Down is like comparing Savatage to Limp Bizkit..... And we don't want to do that now do we?... :)

Make sure to pick up the first 3 Gotthard albums. They are awesome!

1. Gotthard-Gotthard
2. Gotthard- Dial Hard
3. Gotthard- G

And their live DVD/CD "Made In Switzerland" is also very cool

And if you like live acoustic albums, be sure to check out D-Frosted:worship:, the best live acoustic album since Tesla's Five Man Acoustical Jam and Dokken's One Live Night.

I'm still hoping and praying for the day Glenn decides to book them as the band he books just because he wants to see them.

Try again. I hate those bands and love new Gotthard. It's not the same thing.

Did you just compare Gotthard to Nickelback? Wait here a minute...

(goes to get blunt instrument)

Seriously, Gotthard is so classy and talented that comparing them to the butt-est of buttrock bands is inexplicable.

Comparing Gotthard to Nickelback / 3 Doors Down is like comparing Savatage to Limp Bizkit..... And we don't want to do that now do we?... :)

Boys, whether you want to admit it or not, Gotthard has watered their sound down a bit over the years. Are they a bad band? No, but they were better, in my opinion, earlier in their careers. (shrugs)

~Brian~

Boys, whether you want to admit it or not, Gotthard has watered their sound down a bit over the years. Are they a bad band? No, but they were better, in my opinion, earlier in their careers. (shrugs)

~Brian~

Saying they have watered down their sound (though I disagree because "watered down" sounds derogatory) is a lot different than comparing them to arguably the worst rock band out there at the moment in my opinion.

Saying they have watered down their sound (though I disagree because "watered down" sounds derogatory) is a lot different than comparing them to arguably the worst rock band out there at the moment in my opinion.

Jeff, I consider both Nickelback and 3 Doors Down watered down modern rock. If you honestly don't think Gotthard has a similar sound, then I don't know what to tell you. Personally, I feel like I could put all three in a cup, shake em' up, pour em' out, and they'll all come out looking and sounding the same. Yes, watered down is derogatory. Anyway, Gotthard is capable of much better, because they have put out much better music.

~Brian~

Jeff, I consider both Nickelback and 3 Doors Down watered down modern rock. If you honestly don't think Gotthard has a similar sound, then I don't know what to tell you. Personally, I feel like I could put all three in a cup, shake em' up, pour em' out, and they'll all come out looking and sounding the same. Yes, watered down is derogatory. Anyway, Gotthard is capable of much better, because they have put out much better music.

~Brian~

I guess we all have our opinions....kinda like how I feel that anything Savatage did after Streets was sub-par and not really worth listening to.:heh: