Where to get video played?

Wow, lots of posts in here now...

To address a few questions:
  • Yes, I prefer DFH 1.0 cymbals to just about anything else I have at the moment. Don't remember off-hand how many hat samples there are... and yes, YouTube compression, just like low-quality mp3 will make cymbals sound awful first and foremost. If I really fixate on the hi-hat it drives me crazy too, but I can say the same thing about almost any song on YouTube.
  • Vocals are doubled, panned slightly, with one track shifted forward in time very slightly, pitch shifted down -1 semitone, carefully creating some intentional phasing. UAD-1 1176 compression and Neve 1073 EQ, Cubase Octaver, are on the vocal buss, as well as some Altiverb reverb on an FX send.
  • I'm working on a new Backmask single where I used SD 2.0 for the drums (along with replaced kicks and snares from one of my Battery kits), and I will be converting it to SSD 3.0 once I get it. I'll post both mixes once it's done for you guys to check out.
Thanks for the feedback!

If anyone is interested in seeing/hearing this song live here is a video of a show I did in Philadelphia a couple weeks ago...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hah, thats pretty cool. Is there a reason you don't go for a full band, or is it just the simplicity of it? I know I would LOVE to just do everything myself all the time.

Props for having the balls to go up there alone!

Thanks a lot, I really love it and people seem to be into it as well, even if it is the novelty of seeing just one guy. Much easier playing gigs likes this as well, guitar, amp and iPod, all fits into my hatch-back and ready to go...LOL

Hah, thats pretty cool. Is there a reason you don't go for a full band, or is it just the simplicity of it? I know I would LOVE to just do everything myself all the time.

I looked for a band when I started Bloodsoaked a few years ago and could not find anyone that wanted to do what I wanted to, as well now it is just way to easy to play a show.

FYI...the drum tracks are on my iPod while I play guitar and sing (growl), works like a charm. I do take 2 iPods with me incase something happens...LOL

Peter

way to take matters into your own hands, cool. :kickass:

were you on homerecording.com for a bit with this name?

You know what the next step is?

photo.jpg

Mr Fucking Boom!

Hey Peter, Shane, very cool. I see about the hats. I'm sure it sounds fine on the cd which I can't wait to buy. The only thing that really bothers me are the cymbals but over all it sounds great.

Peter, how did you go about making that video? Did you hire the director and actor? Explain a bit if you could please. Another sweet cover artwork job also.
It would be cool if you were able to put the video on the new cd as a bonus. :err:

Is that a Hellraiser you're using live?

Hey Peter, Shane, very cool. I see about the hats. I'm sure it sounds fine on the cd which I can't wait to buy. The only thing that really bothers me are the cymbals but over all it sounds great.

Peter, how did you go about making that video? Did you hire the director and actor? Explain a bit if you could please. Another sweet cover artwork job also.
It would be cool if you were able to put the video on the new cd as a bonus. :err:

Is that a you're using live?

Live at this show (youtube video above), I was using my friends Mesa Boogie Dual Caliber head into two 4x12 cabs that were provided for the show, don't remember what they were. The guitar is a ESP LTD H-1001: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-H1001-With-EMG-Pickups?sku=512953

The CD was recorded with my Jackson Dinky...

Yeah, I hired a director/editor for the video. Had had done some Metal Blade bands as well as other bands and does full time indy film work. We spend about 3-4 hours in an abondond wearhouse on a Sunday for the live footage and then he had a bunch of cutting room floor film that he edited into the video. I am more than happy with the video and looks just as pro as many of the major lable death metal bands.

Any other questions please ask.

Peter

way to take matters into your own hands, cool. :kickass:

were you on homerecording.com for a bit with this name?

Yes sir, about 2 years ago or so when I was recording my first CD and doing everything myself (and it shows on the first CD)...LOL I love playing but recording/mixing is not my thing.

Peter

Live at this show (youtube video above), I was using my friends Mesa Boogie Dual Caliber head into two 4x12 cabs that were provided for the show, don't remember what they were. The guitar is a ESP LTD H-1001: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-H1001-With-EMG-Pickups?sku=512953

The CD was recorded with my Jackson Dinky...

Yeah, I hired a director/editor for the video. Had had done some Metal Blade bands as well as other bands and does full time indy film work. We spend about 3-4 hours in an abondond wearhouse on a Sunday for the live footage and then he had a bunch of cutting room floor film that he edited into the video. I am more than happy with the video and looks just as pro as many of the major lable death metal bands.

Any other questions please ask.

Peter

Cool. Thanks and nice ESP.