Headbangers Hangover, is there a cure?

I do whatever I want onstage and I don't care if you think I look stupid, cool, or anything else for that matter.
I think pointing out someone looks "dumb" onstage is kinda queer...I don't give a fuck what you do onstage as long as you enjoy yourself.

I do whatever I want onstage and I don't care if you think I look stupid, cool, or anything else for that matter.
I think pointing out someone looks "dumb" onstage is kinda queer...I don't give a fuck what you do onstage as long as you enjoy yourself.

Yeah for real man. I can't believe anyone would go to a metal concert and be like "What the fuck man, that guitarist is headbanging. What is he, a queer or something?"

Stretching is definitely where its at. I've been cursed with an abnormally sized head and i rarely have any issues, unless of course I forget to stretch. I'll usually just sort of pull my head down towards my chest with my hands firmly, then while keeping the pressure on I'll sort of roll from side to side, making sure to also pull towards my shoulders. I'll usually just do this for about 20 seconds or so after my rig is set up and they're line checking the other guys in the band.

Also, if you're on tour and you're stretching before each show, any soreness will likely be gone by the 3rd show. In much the same sense that you can drink a hangover away, you can also headbang a bangover away. Though I usually call it gig neck.

The trick is to warm up before the gig. Stand and roll your head around slowly + front to back. Slow motions. You'll feel nothing after the gig if you do this for 10-15 minutes before the show.

This. I was able to completely cure my bangovers with a little preparation before taking the stage. A bit of preemptive hydration wouldn't hurt, either.

Headbanging is great for future neck and back injuries like disc herniation.

I used to headbang like a beast when in my twenties :headbang:... now I'm old to headbang... my neck could break into pieces... and i don't want to spend my money in the physioterapeut (= 1000 physiogigapeuts).

Now I prefer gangbanging.