Where to start? Shadow Gallery

I'm less concerned about Shadow Gallery atm, I think I'll enjoy them. Soilwork as I said I like the studio stuff. I think I'll enjoy them live... I've said it before, I'm not a diehard fan of any of these (progpower style) bands for the most part. Diablo Swing Orchestra is the only metal band making it to my all time top 6 sitting in at #6 and this is after they make another two albums. It just depends on my mood during the festival (I'd be perfectly fine with walking out after a few Sabaton songs for example having seen them last time). I think i'm getting a ticket now though for both nights at least. Now its just a matter of making the money

The only Soilwork I enjoyed was the first four albums, the first three of which they never play live anymore. I'd be stoked for them if I thought there was a ghost of a chance I'd get to hear "My Need", "Needlefeast" or "Bulletbeast". Classic stuff. One of the first melodic death bands to really grab a hold of me when I was just getting started with heavy metal. As I remember, they were a solid live band when I saw them years ago, so I don't think they're going to suck. Nobody who tours as much as they do sucks at playing live, I just wish they would play some of their songs that I actually like outside of "Follow the Hollow" and "As We Speak".

As for Shadow Gallery, I haven't enjoyed everything they've done, but I love "Tyranny" and to a lesser extent "Room V". It's a shame Mike Baker can't be there (RIP), he was one in a million, but I'm definitely looking forward to the set anyway. I wonder if they'll play "Ghost of a Chance"? It's such a simple song, but it moves me every time I hear it. I'm going to take a second look at the S/T and some other ones that didn't grab me on first listen a few years back before the show.

I've seen Shadow Gallery perform live 3 times. They were supposed to release a live DVD of their 2010 tour, but that never materialized. So I made some video's using live footage I shot myself to give an impression of what to expect next year. In my book they're the best kept secret in progmetal.

Their "breakthrough" song with the old singer Mike Baker:​

From their latest album with the new singer Brian Ashland:​

And last but not least a promo for their PP XIV appearance:​

Last edited by a moderator: